NEW: Fox’s Home on East Side of Providence for Sale
Monday, April 21, 2014
The listing with Executive Realty has that the five-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath, 2,600 foot property is a "stately 5 Bedroom Colonial. Recently updated, 2 Fireplaces, Formal Living and Dining, Hardwoods, Gourmet Kitchen, Bright and Sunny, Family Room, New Mechanicals."
Fox resigned last month on March 22, following an FBI raid of his home and State House office on Friday March 21, which marked the first time in Rhode Island's history that a State House office had been raided.
Related Slideshow: The History of Gordon Fox: From Camp St. to Speaker to…
In 1992, Gordon Fox ran for (then) House District 5 seat replacing Dr. Nick Tsiongas.
Fox, an ally of then-Councilman Josh Fenton and former College Hill State Representative Ray Rickman, won the seat easily.
Gordon Fox (D) 2,253
Michael Mitchell (R) 525
Jay Enderle (I) 407
Murphy - Fox Team 2002
Fox and GTech and the Ethics Commission 2003
Speaker of the House
2007 - 2010
Fox and 38 Studios
Fox and Gay Marriage
Providence Economic Development Partnership
Raid and Resignation
On Friday, the State House office of Gordon Fox was raided by RI State Police in conjuction with FBI and IRS agents. This was the first time a State House office was ever raided by law enforcement officials.
By end of day Saturday, Fox had resigned, here is his statement:
- BREAKING: Fox Resigns As Speaker of the House
- PODCAST: Post-Fox Shakeup: Where Does RI’s FY15 Budget Stand?
- Miriam Ross Announces Run For Gordon Fox’s House Seat
- Post-Fox Shakeup: Where Does RI’s FY15 Budget Stand?
- NEW: Aaron Regunberg Announces Candidacy for Fox’s District 4 Seat
- Providence Parents Blast Decision to Close Fox Point Pre-K
- NEW: Block Calls Out Raimondo, Taveras, Fung for Ties to Fox
- Chafee Answers Questions on Fox and Mattiello
- RI State Report: Speaker Fox’s Home, Office Raided + Reaction
- NEW: Fung Calls For Fox to Step Down From Speaker
- Fox Scandal: First Time State House Raided in RI History
- Russell Moore: Fox’s Departure Shouldn’t Overshadow Achievements
- NEW: Rep. Lombardi Calls for Fox’s Resignation
- Fox Scandal: Winners and Losers
- Should Gordon Fox Resign as Speaker of the Rhode Island House?
- NEW: Sam Bell Declares for Fox’s House Seat
- In Case You Missed It: Fox Scandal - Winners and Losers
- The History of Gordon Fox: from Camp St. to Speaker to…
- NEW: Speaker Fox’s State House Office Raided by FBI, State Police
- 5 Reps Who Could Succeed House Speaker Gordon Fox
- PODCAST: Fox Scandal - Winners and Losers
- Local Songwriter Parodies Gordon Fox and Calamari Legislation