Nardolillo Applauds Passing of Federal Tax Reform Legislation By Senate
Sunday, December 03, 2017
Nardolillo released the following statement;
"First, Senate Leadership stepped up and saw to it that legislation passed which promotes further economic growth such as our nation has enjoyed since the 2016 Election. Almost as important is the fact that the Chamber passed the Bill under Regular Order,” said Nardolillo.
Now we have the example of a measure that promises to accelerate the US Economy, for the benefit of all Americans. In that way this Bill is just like the Kennedy Tax Reform of the early 1960's and the Reagan Tax Reform of the mid-1980's.
The only disappointing feature of this Senate action that I can see is the failure of Democrats like Senator Whitehouse (D-RI) to even consider it on its merits. I see that as a failure to take action on behalf of the people of our state and nation. But he and I will have our chance to debate that during the upcoming general election campaign."
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Rep. Nardolillo to Propose Legislation Reinstating E-Verify
- Nardolillo Questions Raimondo’s Free College Tuition Plan Not Excluding Illegal Immigrants
- Nardolillo Wants to Make Standing in State Road Medians Illegal
- NEW: Rep. Nardolillo Calls for RI to Halt Consideration of Syrian Refugees
- Rep. Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over New Tourism Campaign
- Nardolillo Blasts Raimondo Over DACA “Special Treatment”
- U.S. Senate Candidate Nardolillo’s Says He Will Focus on Small Business
- Nardolillo Says Improving U.S. Economy is Due to Trump
- U.S. Senate Candidate Nardolillo’s Daughter Investigated for Bullying, He Says Girls Being Girls
- Nardolillo Blasts Whitehouse for Role in US Opioid Addiction Epidemic