Michelle Kwan Joins Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Campaign
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
According to the New York Times, Kwan will "work out of the campaign's New York office and focus on directing campaign surrogates to engage voters on issues critical to working families".
In 2009, Kwan was named a public advocacy envoy by the U.S. State Department. The five-time world champion figure skater and two-time Olympic medalist has previously worked with President Obama's administration, Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Her husband lost in a 2014 Democratic primary for Governor of Rhode Island. Earlier this year she was named to the Boston Olympic Committee's Board of Directors - the effort to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Tweets by “Michelle Kwan’s Car”
- Twitter Account for Michelle Kwan’s Missing Car Mocks Pells & More
- Michelle Kwan, Pell’s Star Spouse, May Have Only Voted Once (Ever)
- NEW: RI’s Clay Pell Engaged to Michelle Kwan
- Seen: Michelle Kwan, Deer Tick + More
- NEW: Michelle Kwan’s Stolen Car Found in North Providence
- PVD Lady Project Summit, Featuring Michelle Kwan, Set for April 12
- Kwan Among Four Named by Raimondo to RI Arts Council
- NEW: Morales, Kwan and Narducci on Elorza Transition Team
- Kwan Pushes Pell’s Women’s Equality Agenda in New TV Ad
- Michelle Kwan, Bird, Ortiz Highlight Boston 2024 Board of Directors