Kilmartin Holds On To Attorney General Seat
Tuesday, November 04, 2014
Unlike his predecessor, Patrick Lynch, Kilmartin served a relatively quiet, for the most part, first term. There were no major controversies like the station fire of 2003 to garner any negative attention towards Kilmartin, which was a boon to his political aspirations this election cycle.
Kilmartin was attacked for his vote in 2010, when he was a state legislator that helped bring the 38 studios deal to fruition. He was also criticized by his opponent, Republican State Senator Dawson Hodgson, for failing to intensify the investigation into the 38 studios fallout.
Anthony Capezza, who represents the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, which endorsed Kilmartin, said that Kilmartin’s record gave voters a good reason to reelect him.
“Peter is the most knowledgeable and has proven himself throughout his first term,” said Capezza. “He’s been a fair Attorney General, but he’s also been tough on crime at the same time.”
Capezza also argued that Kilmartin has good government credentials, noting that he prosecuted more open meetings violations than any previous Attorney General candidate.
- AG Kilmartin Warns Consumers to Read Fine Print on Gym Memberships
- NEW: AG Kilmartin Warns of Jury Duty and Arrest Warrant Scam in RI
- AG Kilmartin Announces a $40.1 Million Settlement with CareFusion
- CONSUMER ALERT: Yahoo Notifies AG Kilmartin of Security Breach
- Kilmartin Could Be Vulnerable to Hodgson in RI AG’s Race
- NEW: Kilmartin to Represent National AG Association in Moscow
- Richard August: Kilmartin Speaks On Guns
- NEW: Kilmartin slams ACLU for “one-sided” view of APRA enforcement
- Palumbo, Kilmartin Renew Call for Better Tracking of Sex Offenders
- NEW: Kilmartin Joins $7 Million Settlement Over Google Street View
- NEW: AG Kilmartin—Mortgage Settlement Checks Mailing This Month
- RI AG Kilmartin Spent, Fundraised Thousands in Florida
- Kilmartin to Host Shred-a-Thons For Nat. Consumer Protection Week
- The Scoop: Kilmartin Hits Back at Hodgson, Harrop Urges Right-To-Work Municipal Ordinance, and More
- NEW: Hodgson Blasts Kilmartin For No Bid Legal Contracts to State Legislator
- Hodgson Rips Kilmartin Over $45,000 in Office Renovations
- Hodgson Blasts Kilmartin For Breaking Crime Lab Promise
- The Scoop: Fung Blasts Raimondo on Campaign Contribution, Kilmartin Hits Hodgson Over NRA, and More
- Kilmartin Blasts Corrections Officers’ Hodgson Endorsement
- Kilmartin, Providence Community Groups Spar Over Google Money
- NEW: Kilmartin Urges More Pharmacies to Stop Selling Tobacco in RI
- NEW: AG Candidate Hodgson Calls for Kilmartin, Kempe to Step Aside
- Kilmartin Responds to Hodgson on RICO Gang Initiative
- Hodgson Refuses to Call Out Kilmartin on RI Beach Contract Controversy