Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Commissioner Pare Should be Fired
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Unsupported accusations, untruthful reports and personally vindictive attacks are his forte. Some would think that someone is his position of power and responsibility would be above this type of behavior. He certainly expects his subordinates to be. I speak from personal experience. This man called a reporter from the Providence Journal to his office and told him a fairy tale that made me look like I was scamming the Injured on Duty system of the Providence Fire Department. He also provided this reporter with personal information and actual reports regarding my personal injuries in a blatant disregard of Federal HIPPA laws. I am currently weighing my options as to litigate but I’m worried how a person with his power in this state and apparently no hesitation as to using it against any individual who opposes him might retaliate.
Having this reporter write a hurtful, and intentionally (Pare), untruthful front page article was not enough. The Commissioner then wrote his own Op/Ed Commentary in which he stated more lies regarding my work record and my character. This man knows no bounds when he feels as if he’s been personally attacked.
And I am not the first one on the PFD who has been bullied, punished and threatened with having our pensions taken away over the past two years. The cases that I am familiar with on the PFD involve at least 2 Chiefs, 3 Captains and 1 Firefighter – all with over twenty-five years service and no previous blemishes in our personnel files. All these cases involved petty infractions which would have previously been handled by a written reprimand which would be held for a year and then expunged as a result of continued good conduct. To think that these infractions would warrant a senior officer being fired is ludicrous, to imagine that they would result in the loss of a service pension based on a lack of honorable service is beyond comprehension!
This man has personally, along with Mayor Elorza, brought this once great fire department to its knees. Pare alone runs the fire department and he knows absolutely nothing about the fire service. There are no senior firefighters or fire officers making any decisions which don’t have to be approved by him personally. I have watched time and time again as he spews lie upon lie to the media. Personally I’m tired of it and I know that every single man and woman presently on the PFD feels exactly the same way. I’m tired of people believing that he has personal integrity. He is a political hack with a long list of enemies on his retaliation list. Listening to him speak to the media and waiting for the actual truth is like hanging out at Nardolillo’s waiting for a party to spontaneously break out.
I beg the Providence City Council to investigate his unethical actions as Commissioner of Public Safety in Providence and terminate him immediately. And don’t forget to strip him of his pension….
Related Slideshow: Providence Firefighter Tweets
Paul Doughty responds to a post by Elorza on another subject, to steer the fight back to the firefighters.
A photo meme that was orginated by firefighters in social media, before being used on signs during a recent firefighter rally at City Hall.
On May 21, when Elorza announced the platoon shift, he tweeted instead about a volunteer event he attended -- and not of the firefighter decision.
Doughty uses Twitter to show the contrast of a prior Elorza statement, versus his current position.
Doughty takes to social media to tell firefighter supporters than any threats against the Mayor would not be tolerated.
Doughty often comments on other actions by Mayor Elorza in an effort to bolster the firefighters' position.
Doughty takes immediate social action after the Mayor weighs on about the recent court decision.
Media coverage on the fight is often retweeted by Doughty -- something which Elorza does not do with firefighters.
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Solomon: The Sales Tax Holiday Weekend
- Horse-Trading or Hostage-Taking? H. Philip West Jr, Guest MINDSETTER™
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Ruggiero: A ‘Victory Day’ For RI Taxpayers & Small Businesses
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: Governor Raimondo’s Toll Road to Washington
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Jared Moffat: Tax Marijuana in RI, Not Medicine
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Jim Vincent: Lessons From The State of the Union
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones: MLK - The Doctrine of Non-Violence from Birmingham Jail
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Hewett: Dear voters in State Senate District 11
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: The Ten Commandments of Capitol Hill
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Carson: RI Should be Vigilant About Protecting Waterways
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fitzpatrick: What Buddy Cianci Taught Me
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tony Jones: Let’s Utilize Cannabis to Help Pay for RI’s Roads
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Zurier: The Best Way To Ensure Quality Public Education For All Rhode Islanders
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Ruggiero: RhodeWorks - The Right Route to a Stronger Economy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Destruction of The PFD
- Guest MINDSETTER™ DeNuccio: RI Should Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: RhodeWorks RI, a Constitutional Pandora’s Box
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Sheehan: Ethics Reform - or a Festering Status Quo
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. McKiernan: Car Tolls Benefiting General Fund Will Not Happen
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Tobon: The Benefits of Buying Locally
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Forleo: CCRI About to Undergo Political Takeover
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Santos: RhodeWorks Amnesty for East Bay & Aquidneck Island
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Robert Billington: Welcome Home Pawtucket Red Sox
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Morgan: GOP Fought to Make Terrible Toll Bill Better
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Conley: Don’t Tamper With Our Treasure - History is Not for Hacks!