Governor Raimondo Tops Over $3 Million in Campaign Funds
Wednesday, November 01, 2017
Two recent polls found Raimondo to be "underwater" with Rhode Island voters. See recent polling results from Harvard's John Della Volpe below.
Her campaign finance report was posted late on Tuesday night, but here is a look at some of the data.
For the quarter, Raimondo’s campaign vacuumed more than $515,000 for the quarter — more than her three GOP challengers raised combined.
Her campaign reported expenses of $87,628.
Big time donors include former BankRI CEO Merrill Sherman, real estate attorney Mary Shekarchi (sister of House Majority Leader Joe), Campbell Soup Heiress Hope Van Buren, and real estate developer Marilyn Winoker.
No Raimondo campaign finance report would be complete without its fair share of New York Wall Street players. Raimondo collected tens of thousands from players tied to financial services.
And, PawSox owner William Egan gave $1,000.
So did her former Point Judith Capital partner David Mixer and his wife Gail — both gave $1,000.
Expenses included tickets for a lot of planes and trains. The biggest expenses were her campaign consultants.
MORE TO COME
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Experts Look at Raimondo’s First 1,000 Days as Governor of RI
- 26 Examples of Raimondo’s Good, Bad, & Ugly—at 1,000 Days
- Raimondo Orders U.S. & RI Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Las Vegas Shooting Victims
- Magaziner Announces RI Pension Fund Has Pulled Over $500M from Hedge Funds, Shift From Raimondo
- Robert Whitcomb: Raimondo’s Correct Veto; NFL Kneeling Distraction; Losing NE’s Forrest
- Critics Blast Raimondo Administration for $1 Million Waste on Johnson & Johnson Buildout
- Moore: Raimondo’s Propaganda Program?
- Raimondo Refuses to Answer Questions About Leases at Wexford — Despite $40M in Taxpayer Subsidies
- Why Are So Many Gearing Up to Run Against Raimondo? See Who Could Run for RI Governor
- Leading Invenergy Opponent Roselli Declares for Gov. Against Raimondo in Primary on GoLocal LIVE
- VIDEO: ACLU to Seek Additional Remedies Against Raimondo Administration for UHIP Failures
- Media Experts Preston & Whitcomb Weigh In on Raimondo’s Media Battle
- Raimondo’s Polling Numbers in RI Are Second Lowest Only to Trump’s
- Raimondo Calls for Delorenzo to Step Down from RI Democratic Party Leadership
- Head of RI Black Business Association Rips Raimondo and Commerce for Lack of Support
- EDITORIAL: Picketing Raimondo’s Home is Over the Line
- Sasse Says Raimondo’s Administration Buyout Plan is a Costly “Gimmick”
- Raimondo Orders RI Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of Judge Walter Stone
- Raimondo Administration Offers Buy-Outs to Close $25M Budget Hole
- Paolino, Raimondo Kick Off Construction of $30M Hilton Homewood Suites in Providence
- Morgan Questions $95 Million State Employee Pay Increase Under Raimondo’s State Employee Buyout Plan
- New National Poll: Raimondo 9th Least Popular Governor in U.S.