GOP’s Bell Refuses to Provide Info on Spicer Event, Questions Arise About Host and Funding
Saturday, July 01, 2017
Bell has been withholding the location of the Rhode Island Republican Party fundraiser, who is the hosts - and all of the basic details. Unlike most high level political events in Rhode Island with national speakers, Bell has blocked media access.
* Communications consultant Dave Layman pressed Bell on who dictated that the event have an undisclosed location -- Sean Spicer's camp, or was it Bell's decision. Bell did not give a definitive answer.
* Kate Nagle, GoLocalProv’s News Editor, pressed Bell on why he didn't answer her email asking if press was allowed; Bell said he didn't see the email.
* Nagle then asked if she paid the $250 could she then attend, Bell shot back she could "pay $5,000." Bell then reiterated that it is a "private" event.
* Nagle then said that wouldn't the location eventually be leaked when attendees were given the details, to which Bell acknowledged would likely be the case.
Latest Party Politics
In March, GoLocal reported that Roy Bolden the Chair of the Providence GOP and closely tied to Rhode Island Republican leaders was arraigned by Providence Police on charges of first-degree and second-degree child molestation, and third-degree sexual assault. Bolden was ordered held without bail.
At a leading GOP event in 2013 — the inaugural meeting of the Roosevelt Society, Bolden weighed in on GOP and family values.
- Providence Board of Canvassers Rules Against Carnevale, Bell and Mattiello Applaud Decision
- NEW: RI GOP Chair Bell “Seriously Considering” Filing Elections Complaint Against Raimondo
- UPDATED: GOP Chair Bell Sued for Defamation by Sen. Archambault
- RI GOP Chair Bell Calls Raimondo Brand “Arrogant & Incompetent”
- GOP Chair Bell Calls Mattiello Public Enemy #1 on Ethics
- RI Republican Party Chair Bell Saddened by Passing of Bradford Gorham