GOP Debate Recap: Trump Talks the Most, Immigration the Top Issue
Friday, February 26, 2016
The Texas GOP debate was a brawl last night as Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, for the first time, teamed up and hammered front runner Donald Trump for the vast majority of the two-hour debate. Who spoke the most? Doanld Trump by a huge margin - three times as much as Ben Carson.
The most discussed issue - immigration.
Related Slideshow: Trump in Worcester
Trump fans like this young supporter made signs of their own to show their support for the Donald. They could be seen dotting the line waiting to enter the DCU Center.
For Trump fans that left their gear at home, there was nothing to fear. Vendors took advantage of the passionate crowd, lining up near the entrances and selling buttons, hats and t-shirts like this one.
Star-spangled gear could be seen often outside and inside of the DCU Center. This Trump supporter really worse his love for the Donald on his sleeve.
It wasn't all good cheer for Donald Trump. Protestors lined the streets near the entrance of the DCU Center, and could be hear chanting various anti-Trump sentiments.
This young man's pants left no doubt. He is a big fan of two things—Donald Trump, and the United States of America.
These four Trump fans wore their support proudly on their chest, and they weren't the only ones. Many fans could be seen sporting Trump hats, shirts, buttons and more as they filed into the DCU Center.
You could call this protestor a "one-issue voter." He mixed calls for the return of his favorite discontinued soft drink in with chants criticizing Trump's immigration stance.
For these Trump fans, it was a family affair. The whole bunch turned out to support their favorite candidate.
The cold weather didn't bother this Trump fan. He said he decided to purchase a Donald Trump-branded jacket or sweatshirt inside the DCU Center.
There were plenty of young fans on hand for Donald Trump's speech in Worcester. These two made their feelings on Trump, and his immigration stance, very clear.
Trump had the chance to see him name up in lights on the DCU Center jumbo-screen. It must have been quite the thrill!
Donald Trump made his entrance at roughly 7:30 PM to nearly deafening applause. He paused for a moment to soak it all in.
Trump walked confidently to the podium after being introduced as the large crowd cheer and chanted his name.
Trump fans inside were loud, and cheered the Donald often. They also made sure to snap their own photos of their favorite candidate while they had the chance.
Trump fans in Massachusetts came from near and far to get a glimpse of Donald Trump live and in person.
Standing room only—the DCU Center was nearly filled with supporters who got on their feet early and stayed there for most of Trump's hour-long speech.
Even inside the DCU Center, Trump could not escape the protestors. These unhappy attendees attracted a lot of attention, but were whisked out of the arena by security after only a few seconds.
Trump said time and time again to the crowd gathered in Worcester that he would "make America great again" through smart immigration and trade policies.
Trump said he was glad to be in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and pleased fans by talking about the greatness of hometown hero Tom Brady.
Trump supporters chanted his famous slogan, "make America great again," before, during and after his speech at the DCU Center.
- Horowitz: Trump’s Ugly Nativism Runs Counter to Most Americans’ Views
- Donald Trump, Ben Carson Lead GOP Polls
- Trump in Worcester
- “You’re Going to be So Proud of Me” - The Best Quotes from Trump in Worcester
- Ted Cruz, Bernie Sanders, Surge in Fundraising Ahead of Iowa Caucus
- Horowitz: Ted Cruz and the Politics of No
- Donald Trump Calls for Block on All Muslims Entering the U.S.
- Don Roach: Donald Trump Thinks Syrian Refugees Plan to Coup America
- Donald Trump and Immigration in the United States
- Travis Rowley: Cruz-ing Past Whitehouse
- Could Trump or Sanders Win in Rhode Island?
- Guest MINDSETTER ™ Chris Westerkamp: The Trump Show - A Guilty Pleasure
- Donald Trump Announces Allegiance to Republican Party
- Horowitz: America Doesn’t Like the Front-Runners - Trump and Clinton
- Don Roach: Trump’s Muslim Ban is Scary for All of us
- Bishop: Calm Yorke More Outrageous Than Brash Trump
- Ernie Boch Jr. Explains His Support for Trump on CNN
- New Hampshire Tracking Poll Shows Trump & Sanders Have Firm Lead
- Trump and Sanders – Leads are Narrowing
- Trump & Sanders Win Big in New Hampshire
- Trump Wins Big in Nevada
- 10 Ways Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Are Actually Similar
- Sarah Palin Endorses Trump for GOP Nomination
- Finneran: Explaining Trump
- NEW: Rep. Trillo Named Honorary Chairman of Trump for President Campaign in RI
- Weekly Roundup: Ted Cruz & Donald Trump Still Dominate Iowa & New Hampshire Polls
- Who Supports Donald Trump in Rhode Island?
- EDITORIAL: There is Only One Thing that Can Stop a Trump v. Clinton Match-Up