Fecteau Looking to Run for Pawtucket State Senate Seat
Monday, December 04, 2017
Mr. Fecteau has made the following statement:
“While my campaign will be officially launched in a couple months, I am honored to announce that I will seek the Democratic nomination for the 8th District State Senate seat in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, currently occupied by James Doyle. In 2016, we nearly did the impossible, almost beating an incumbent with only three weeks of campaigning because my military obligations kept me overseas for much of the election cycle.
I seek to be a catalyst for change as your State Senator. Growing up in Pawtucket, my father, Ray Fecteau, worked long hours to put food on our table. Now, the deck is increasingly stacked against regular families like ours. The members of our General Assembly have demonstrated that they don’t have the answers, but we do. Lately, it seems our representation is more focused on their latest scandal than on doing the people’s work.
Pawtucket needs new leadership. We need a sincere voice that is willing to take on the establishment and represent working families instead of lobbyists and special interests. I have fought for our country, and now, back home, I will fight for our state, city, community, and people. We have numerous obstacles to overcome, but with hard work and a commitment to progress, we can make Rhode Island a better place for everyone.”
Mr. Fecteau is a current graduate student, and an Army Reservist with the 151st Theater Information Operations group. For any questions, please call 401-225-0541 or email him at [email protected].
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Fecteau: Cicilline’s Republican Challenger
- Fecteau: Trump Goes Obama-Lite in Afghanistan
- Fecteau: Block Voting
- Fecteau: A Rare Moment of Bipartisanship
- Fecteau: We Killed Benny’s
- Democrats May Just Miss Bannon, MINDSETTER™ Fecteau
- Fecteau: The Name Game in Charlottesville
- Fecteau: I Think Trump’s Crazy Too
- Fecteau: Tweets and Transgender Rights
- Fecteau: Chaos in The White House
- Fecteau: Trump’s Nuke Bluff Backfired
- Fecteau: Trump’s Pivot
- Fecteau: Backlash at the Harvard Kennedy School
- Fecteau: Dear Mr. Trump, Decertify This
- Fecteau: The War Forward in Afghanistan – What Is It?
- Fecteau: Disrespecting Our Fallen Heroes
- Fecteau: End the War On Terror
- Fecteau: Moore’s Morality Matters
- Fecteau: Will Trump’s Rhetoric Help Rein in Gun Violence?
- Fecteau: Talk About Gun Violence
- Fecteau: The Rocket Man & the Dotard – Worried Yet?
- Fecteau: Trump vs. the NFL
- Fecteau: A Federal Failure in Puerto Rico
- Fecteau: Don’t Scrap the Iran Nuclear Deal
- Fecteau: Moore Madness From Trump