Don Roach: If Clinton or Trump Win, We All Lose
Thursday, March 03, 2016
Convoluted as that was, I share her disdain of the front-running candidates we’re supposed to choose from this fall. This past Tuesday reminded us that unless something crazy happens, we’re going to see a Trump v. Clinton battle.
I mean it should be exciting. Think about the storylines: hardnosed business man challenges member of political dynasty or will the United States be led by a woman for the first time in its history or any host of interesting aspects of a Trump/Clinton presidential battle.
Problem is when you look at what Trump and Clinton and move beyond the talking points what’s there to rally around? Trump is as divisive as they come. His firebrand style has gotten him this far in the political process so I don’t expect him to tone down the rhetoric. Trump is a solid entertainer and you can see this via his Apprentice franchise. But he’s not Ronald Reagan transitioning to politics. Instead he’s an opinionated mouthpiece for people who want something different this election cycle than your also-ran crowd of Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, et. al.
And while it would be pretty historical for Clinton to become the next President, are any of you excited about an H. Clinton presidency? I’m not at all. I’m as excited about a Clinton presidency as I am about shooting pain on the side of my stomach (read: not at excited at all). And yet here we are ladies and gents.
We get to choose between a bombast and someone known to stretch the truth. I’ll let you guess who’s who. But my point is I’m not excited about our choices and by default not excited about the next 4 to 8 years.
So who do we pick?
Don Roach is a young Republican. Please check out Don’s Facebook Page.
Related Slideshow: Presidential Candidate’s Social Media - 2016
- Don Roach: When Will the Taveras and Raimondo Fireworks Begin?
- Don Roach: Fung Team Must Recognize Block Campaign Growing Stronger
- Don Roach: As Davey Lopes Pool Reopens, Mayor Taveras Absent
- Don Roach: Donald Trump Thinks Syrian Refugees Plan to Coup America
- Don Roach: Grading Performances at the Democratic Debate
- Don Roach: The Master Lever Has to Go
- Don Roach: 5 Reasons Why… Oh Who Cares?!
- Don Roach: Obama Loses Showdown with Putin
- Don Roach: My Education Crusade - Finding the Secret Sauce
- Don Roach: I Hate Politician Adspam
- Don Roach: Rhode Island, You Are To Blame
- Don Roach: Let’s Give Raimondo’s Jobs Plan a Chance
- Don Roach: Don’t Force Diversity on the Providence Police Department
- Don Roach: Obama Gets Gun Control Wrong…Again
- Don Roach: My 2015 Christmas Wish List
- Don Roach: Trusting Politicians is Like Hoping to Win Powerball’s Millions
- Don Roach: Why are Falling Oil Prices Killing my 401(k)?!
- Don Roach: Buddy Cianci Will Never be Forgotten
- Don Roach: Rate Hikes Won’t Solve RIPTAs Fiscal Woes
- Don Roach: Trump’s Muslim Ban is Scary for All of us
- Don Roach: Voters, Not Legislators, Should Approve More RI Tolls
- Don Roach: Terrorists Win When We’re Afraid
- Don Roach: Tony Lepore Should Not Have Been Fired
- Don Roach: Parents, Should the RI PARCC Results Scare us?
- Don Roach: Obama Deserves a Vote on His Supreme Court Nominee