Democratic Chairman Backs Gay Marriage
Friday, March 25, 2011
“I have always felt, regardless of sexual orientation or identity, that all Americans are entitled to the full protection, benefits and resources of marriage under law,” said Pacheco. “To deny any individual the rights and privileges of marriage based on their sexual orientation is to deny them the dignity, fairness and freedom to live their lives fully and free from anxiety.”
Pacheco’s statement comes in light of the multiple bills concerning gay marriage which are currently circulating in the State House.
“To deny any individual the rights and privileges of marriage based on their sexual orientation is to deny them the dignity, fairness and freedom to live their lives fully and free from anxiety… it is time for Rhode Island to stand up for our neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family in the LGBT community and pass marriage equality legislation. It’s just time,” he concluded.
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
- Advocates: Gay Marriage Will Benefit RI’s Economy
- EXCLUSIVE: A Big Compromise on Gay Marriage?
- Gay Marriage Debate at the Statehouse: A Preview
- Gay Marriage Debate: Roach Responds
- Gay Marriage Opponents, Supporters Face Off
- Gay Marriage PR War Heats Up
- Gay Marriage: What’s Wrong with a Referendum?
- Group Proposes Referendum on Gay Marriage
- Hundreds Flock to Statehouse for Gay Marriage Showdown
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Gay marriage group working the polls 1:20 PM
- NEW Gay Marriage Bill to Be Introduced Tomorrow
- NEW: Providence College Students to Hold Gay Marriage Rally
- NEW: Senate Committee Holds Hearing on Gay Marriage Bills