Della Volpe Unveils Insights on “Morning Joe”—“Most Millennials Fearful of Future”
Thursday, December 07, 2017
John Della Volpe appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe on Wednesday unveiled new polling on the views of millennials. Della Volpe is head of polling for Harvard Insitute of Politics and polling partner for GoLocalProv.com.
He found that 67 percent of millennials are fearful of the future. He also unveiled the political split of millennials. Watch his appearance below.
SEE THE GOLOCAL BENCHMARK POLL ON RI ISSUES BELOW
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Harvard’s Della Volpe on GoLocal LIVE: Polling Methods Aren’t Changing Quickly Enough
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” Harvard’s Della Volpe Says Millennials Cost Clinton Presidency
- GoLocal Teams With Della Volpe’s SocialSphere for Political Polling During 2018 Election Cycle
- GoLocal’s Polling Partner Della Volpe Hosts Mika and Joe of “Morning Joe” at Harvard
- GoLocal and Harvard’s Della Volpe to Release Benchmark Poll on RI Politics and Economy
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: Most Rhode Islanders Believe Economy Has Been Stagnant or Gotten Worse
- GoLocal to Release Part One of RI Benchmark Poll on GoLocal LIVE, Thursday at 4:00 PM
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: Majority of RIers Don’t Believe Their Family’s Finances Have Improved
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: Do Rhode Islanders Think State is on Right - or Wrong - Track?
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll: RIers Overwhelmingly Oppose Public Funding for the PawSox Stadium
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll - RI on Wrong Track, PawSox Opposition and More
- GoLocal Benchmark Poll - See All the Numbers