Dear President Trump, Build the Algonquin Pipeline: Guest MINDSETTER™ Morgan
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Dear President Trump,
Congratulations on your inauguration!
Today, as the Senior Republican legislative leader in the Rhode Island House of Representatives, I am writing to bring to your attention an issue that is hurting average Rhode Island families immeasurably. An issue, Mr. President, which we hope you will help us solve.
As I am sure you know, Rhode Island has no natural energy resources. A proposed and much needed pipeline has been bogged down for years during the Obama administration, presumably for climate change reasons. Rhode Island families, businesses and I need your help moving this project to fruition.
We are hoping that as part of your new emphasis on infrastructure projects, you could help us in Rhode Island to work through the difficulties. Our businesses and residents need the relief.
If this pipeline project is built and begins delivering much-needed natural gas, it will not only lower the cost of energy, it will also improve our business climate in Rhode Island.
In addition, I wholeheartedly support your plans for corporate tax relief. As you encourage corporations to “on-shore” wealth, we in Rhode Island want to be well positioned to provide a US home for these repatriated corporations and industries.
That said, I would be thrilled to work with your staff to help me prepare legislation to position Rhode Island to become a destination for these firms and corporations.
We, in the Rhode Island House Republican caucus, will work with determination to help them find a good and welcoming place here in our State to grow and prosper.
I was fortunate enough to attend your inaugural ceremonies and found new inspiration in the day and your speech. It's time to get our country working again for ordinary citizens. We wish you every success in your coming term.
Patricia L. Morgan
Related Slideshow: Trump Infrastructure List - January 2017
- The Tweeter in Chief - Geoffrey A. Schoos, Guest MINDSETTER™
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Stenhouse: DeVos as Sec. of Education - National School Choice Around Corner
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Morse: The Station & The Ghost Ship
- Guest MINDSETTERS™ Sen. Miller & Rep. Slater: RI Should Regulate Marijuana
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Forleo: Festivus For The Rest of Us
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Shekarchi: The True Nature of Study Commissions
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Metts: Post-Election Thoughts at Thanksgiving
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Gardiner: Measure President Trump by Healthcare Reform
- Commerce RI is Launching a Big Program to Boost Small Biz, Guest MINDSETTER Early
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Taub: I am Jewish & I Support Mr. Bannon
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Costa: Post Election Suggestions for Disgruntled Americans
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Nunes: General Assembly Needs a Cinderella Rule, and More
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Lambrese: Opioid addicts deserve dignity, not death
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Seyler: Critical Spending Requires Critical Thinking at CCRI
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Pare & Elorza Still Have No Clue About the Fire Department
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Sheehan: Raimondo’s Free Tuition Proposal Makes RI an Educational Leader
- In Defense of Sean Todd: Guest MINDSETTER™ Jim Wright
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Barden: My School Choice Story