Dave Kane: Trump and the Fire Marshall
Sunday, July 31, 2016
First, you are stunned. Then, you rewind the DVR to make sure you heard it correctly. Third, you repeat what you thought he said in an effort to find some sense. The next three stages vary according to your life experience and religious beliefs. The last stage is always the same, total despair.
But, this week I didn’t have to go through any of those stages. The words Trump spoke were clear. His trade mark ignorance and apparent disregard for public safety, unmistakable.
According to MSNBC reports, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Friday afternoon, Trump repeatedly called out the event's fire marshal for not allowing more people into the venue. "Hey, maybe they're a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably," Trump said of the marshal, complaining that the attendance limit was "unfair." "Then you wonder why we're going to hell. That's why we're going to hell.”
There it is in a nutshell. The classic Trump mantra “I want what I want and I don’t care who I hurt or endanger to get it”. Anyone who has been touched by the horror of the Station Nightclub fire is sure to recognize this attitude. It is the same selfishly stupid mindset that took the lives and disfigured the bodies of so many of our loved ones.
In November, if you can’t bring yourself to vote for Trump’s opponent. Then write in a name. Write in a name of someone you respect. A good person, a caring person, someone who is loved, appreciated and missed. If you need help thinking of someone, I have a list of 100 names I could suggest.
Trump Rally in Warwick Rhode Island, April, 2016
Photography by Richard McCaffrey
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dave Kane: Station Fire Memorial Important For All Rhode Islanders
- Trump’s Turnaround: June Marks Best Fundraising Month So Far
- New Poll: Trump Pulls Ahead of Clinton in Key Swing States
- Trump’s VP — RI Retired General Flynn is Now a Leading Candidate
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Discussion of Clinton/Trump and Providence Taxes
- RI GOP Committeeman and GA Candidate Frias Refuses to Comment on Trump
- Trillo Has “Real Problem” with Frias Not Supporting Trump
- Could Trump Win in Rhode Island?
- Trump Leads Clinton for 1st Time in General Election Poll
- Donald Trump Down in the Polls After Rough Week on the Trail
- This One Chart Spells Trouble for Donald Trump’s Campaign
- Introducing Trump’s VP Pick: Mike Pence by the Numbers
- Trump Officially Named Republican Party Presidential Nominee
- Trump Trails Clinton in June Campaign Finance
- Donald Trump Addresses Republican National Convention - See Speech Here
- Ivanka Trump Addresses Republican National Convention - See Her Speech Here
- Rhode Island’s Own General Mike Flynn Would Be Key Asset in Trump Effort