Correctional Officers Union Endorses Caprio for Treasurer
Friday, April 18, 2014
"The hard-working men and women in our union are excited to support Frank in his comeback bid for the Treasurer's office," said RIBCO President Richard Ferruccio. "Frank will be a strong voice for middle class families who want a Treasurer who saves taxpayer dollars and works everyday to grow the economy and create jobs."
RIBCO currently represents approximately 1,300 members through their union, which is comprised of rank and file officers, stewards, inmate industries’ supervisors, office personnel, and medical and social work professionals.
"I am grateful to have earned the support of 1,200 public safety professionals," said Frank Caprio. "I can't wait to get back to work in the Treasurer's office and deliver top-notch customer service, an open and transparent government office and to maximize our returns for our pension fund while limiting the fees we pay. We need to focus on investing in small businesses and working families here in Rhode Island and as the state's Treasurer, I will do just that."
Previously serving as the Treasurer of Rhode Island from 2007 to 2011, Caprio reduced spending in the office, saved the pension fund approximately $1 billion by getting the state out of toxic investments in the subprime mortgage market and cut the amount the taxpayers paid in investments fees to Wall Street money managers.
The endorsement from RIBCO joins Caprio’s previous endorsement wins from the RI State Association of Fire Fighters, North Providence Mayor Charles Lombardi, Johnston Mayor Joseph Polisena, Central Falls Mayor James Diossa, State Representative Grace Diaz and the Johnston Democratic Town Committee.
- BREAKING NEWS - Clinton to Come Back to RI for Caprio
- Esquire Names Caprio ‘One of Best Dressed’ Candidates
- NEW: Johnston Democratic Committee Endorses Caprio For Treasurer
- BREAKING NEWS Caprio: ‘I wish I had chosen different language’
- GOP to Caprio: Drop Out of the Race
- New Poll: Chafee in the Lead, Robitaille and Caprio Tied
- BREAKING NEWS Clinton to Caprio: ‘You can still win this’
- Gay Rights Group Withdraws Endorsement of Caprio
- PODCAST: Chafee Pension Proposal More Severe than Caprio’s
- Caprio Entering Private Sector, Wishes Chafee ‘the Best’
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Caprio Finishes Third, Concedes to Chafee 11:00 PM
- Political Pundits on Caprio’s Chances in 2014
- Caprio Lands Job at Finance Firm
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Caprio Says He Has Momentum 8:45 am
- Top 10 of 2010: Frank Caprio & John DePetro
- Chafee Pension Proposal More Severe than Caprio’s
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Kennedy Making Robo Calls for Caprio Today 11:15 AM
- Travis Rowley: Caprio’s Reckoning
- A Look Back to 2010: Clinton Makes Final Pitch for Frank Caprio
- NEW: Caprio Splits with Raimondo on Hedge Funds
- UPDATED: RISC Endorses Caprio for Governor
- ‘Stunner’ Poll: Robitaille Ahead of Caprio
- Conservative Groups Split over Caprio and Robitaille
- NEW: Frank Caprio Will Run For RI General Treasurer in 2014
- Under Caprio, RI Pension Fund Paid Among Lowest Fees in US