Autiello Files Campaign Finance Complaint Against Senator Jabour
Friday, July 13, 2018
“The evidence points to Senator Jabour playing fast and loose with campaign finance rules. Public trust in our political leaders is especially low right now, so a lack of transparency on something as critical as campaign finance cannot be tolerated. It makes it even harder for everyday Rhode Islanders to trust that their elected officials are looking out for them. Senator Jabour makes a big deal about having so much personal wealth that he doesn't need to fundraise for his campaign, something those of us with student loans and a rising cost of living can't afford to do. So it just doesn't make sense that he's making campaign expenditures clearly above the limit he certified with the Board of Elections when he could have easily chosen to file the correct paperwork and avoid any confusion,” said Autiello.
According to Autiello’s press release, the complaint is in regards to Senator Jabour filing form CF-5 on January 31, 2018, in which he certified to the Board of Elections that his campaign “will accept no contributions in excess of $100 from a single source within a calendar year or make aggregate expenditures in excess of $1,000 within a calendar year.”
According to the press release, Jabour then secured a campaign headquarters and campaign literature, the aggregate expenditure being significantly greater than his certification allows.
See the Complaint in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: Autiello’s Complaint Against Senator Paul Jabour - July 2018
- Fecteau: Senate Candidate Nick Autiello’s Convenient Political Progression
- Federal Hill State Senate Candidate Autiello on Why He is Running, on LIVE
- Senate Candidate Autiello Releases Video Celebrating Pride Month
- NEW: Sen. Jabour Urges RI Police to Carry Narcan to Halt Drug ODs
- NEW: Jabour to Propose More Training for Elections Workers
- NEW: Sen. Jabour Demands Raimondo Return $7,000 Davos Funding to URI Foundation
- NEW: Sen. Jabour Calls for AG Kilmartin to Investigate URI, RIC Foundations
- Block’s WatchdogRI Alleges Sen. Jabour Failed to Pay Corporate Tax for 15 Years