AFL-CIO Endorses Whitehouse, Cicilline & Langevin for Re-Election
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
“The Rhode Island AFL-CIO’s 80,000 members and retirees proudly stand behind Senator Whitehouse, Congressman Cicilline and Congressman Langevin’s 2018 re-election bid for United States Congress.. For many years, these three members of our federal delegation have proven themselves with their tireless commitment to workers rights, as well as social and economic justice for all,” said AFL-CIO president George Nee.
The endorsements came during a vote that was held on Monday, April 9.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- Moore: Whitehouse Should Defend Association With Bailey’s
- VIDEO: U.S. Senator Whitehouse Won’t Quit All-White Exclusive Private Club
- Exclusion, Whitehouse, and Bailey’s Beach - Guest MINDSETTER™ Mike Araujo
- Minority Leaders Speak Out on Whitehouse’s Membership to All-White Bailey’s Beach
- Whitehouse Refuses to Answer Questions on All White Club, Family is One of Largest Shareholders
- Sheldon Whitehouse’s “White Only” Summer Beach Club
- Top Whitehouse Staffer is Also Long-time Member of All-White Bailey’s Beach Club
- New Poll Shows Senator Whitehouse Vulnerable
- Whitehouse Gives Trump Failing Grade in “Drain the Swamp” Report Card
- Dear Senator Whitehouse: You Can Walk Back Your Support of Power Plant “Process”
- NAACP Youth Council’s McCloud on Sen. Whitehouse, Helping Harvey Victims, and More
- Whitehouse to Give Weinstein’s $1,000 Donation to Day One in Providence
- UPDATED: Majority of Dem Senators Call for Franken to Resign, Reed and Whitehouse Respond
- Whitehouse Takes Thousands from Execs and PAC at Net Neutrality Killer Comcast
- Stewart: Could a Green Candidate Doom Whitehouse and Allow a GOP Win?
- Reed, Whitehouse Among Congress Members Demanding Answers on Health of Narragansett Bay
- Prof. Lawless Joins GoLocal LIVE and Discusses Trumps Tax Cuts and Whitehouse’s Opioid Problem
- NEW: Whitehouse Dined With Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner, According to Reports
- Whitehouse’s Secret Dinner at Kushner & Trump’s Home Raises Questions of Conflict with Investigation