RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Each week GoLocal's reporters, editors and MINDSETTERS™ review and grade the candidates, policy statements, their media, and the campaign activities for each of the five major likely candidates for Governor of Rhode Island: Gina Raimondo (D), Angel Taveras (D), Allan Fung (R), Ken Block (R) and the newly announced Clay Pell (D).
Related Slideshow: 10 Questions Pell Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
10. Pell's Base?
Where is Pell’s voter base going to come from?
Seriously – Another No Private Sector Experience Governor?
8. Decision making
Has he ever had to make an executive decision?
7. Ordinary RIers
Can Pell connect to Rhode Islanders?
Progressives and Unions are in Love with Pell, is that good for RI?
5. Kwan Factor
Is he more than Michelle Kwan’s husband?
4. Claiborne Factor
Is he more than Claiborne Pell’s Grandson?
3. GOP Factor
Can Pell beat a Republican?
2. Experience, any?
Does Pell have any experience?
1. Tough Enough?
Is Pell tough enough?
- 10 Questions Pell Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- NEW: RI’s Clay Pell Engaged to Michelle Kwan
- Arthur Schaper: What Would You Say To Them, Treasurer Raimondo?
- Ethics Commission: No Conflict for Raimondo
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: In Defense of Gina Raimondo
- NEW: Caprio Splits with Raimondo on Hedge Funds
- NEW: Raimondo Hires New Chief Investment Officer
- NEW: Raimondo to Answer Calls Regarding Unclaimed Property
- NEW: Siedle Blasts Raimondo for Withholding Hedge Fund Info
- RI State Report: Block v. Raimondo, RI Goes Green + Gun Violence
- Raimondo Received $21K from Employees of SEC Violators
- Russell Moore: Raimondo vs. Taveras vs. Pell?
- The Scoop: Cicilline’s Former Campaign Manager Joins Raimondo Team
- Union Leader Blasts Raimondo: “She’s Not Honest”
- Clay Pell: 14 To Watch in Rhode Island in 2014
- 10 Questions Raimondo Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- Arthur Schaper: Why Gina Raimondo Should Sue Jerry Brown
- Exclusive: Rolling Stone’s Taibbi Responds to Raimondo Comments
- LISTEN- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- NEW: Fox and Raimondo Team Up on Legislation on “Economic Growth”
- NEW: Raimondo Introduces Summer Smart Money Tour in Rhode Island
- NEW: Raimondo to Discuss Distressed Municipalities
- NEW: Taveras Calls on Raimondo to Have Enron Exec $100K Returned
- RI State Report: Surprise Raimondo Donors, Block Turns Republican
- Raimondo Receives up to $500,000 Payment from Pt. Judith Firm
- Russell Moore: Raimondo, Taxpayers Win in Pension Settlement
- The Scoop: Clay Pell’s Cousin Donated $2,250 to Raimondo; More
- Will Gina Raimondo & Angel Taveras Run for Governor?
- Don Roach: Who is Clay Pell?
- 2014 RI Governor’s Race - Raimondo Has the Early Money Lead
- Battle Brewing Between Chafee & Raimondo
- Forbes Columnist Attacks Nesi’s Relationship With Raimondo
- Laffey Blasts Raimondo on Pension Reform
- NEW: Fung Calls for Chafee and Raimondo to “Come Clean” on Pensions
- NEW: Raimondo Launches Bid for Rhode Island Governor
- NEW: Raimondo to Host Local Pension Workshop
- NEW: Taveras’ Poll Shows Considerable Lead Over Raimondo
- Raimondo Dominates Rest Of State In Fundraising
- Raimondo Stops Short of Endorsing Cicilline
- Russell Moore: Rhode Island’s Gina Raimondo Turns Opaque
- The Scoop: Dad of Taveras Spokesman Donated $3K to Raimondo; More
- EXCLUSIVE: Clay Pell Looks To Run For Governor in 2014
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT, Chafee-Raimondo Bill Pt. 1
- Block: Fung + Raimondo “Engage in Destructive Political Games”
- Forbes Magazine Blasts Raimondo - “‘Reform’ Looks More Like Wall Street Feeding Frenzy”
- Matt Taibbi’s Deceptive Hatchet Job on Gina Raimondo
- NEW: GOP Accuses Raimondo of Pay-for-Play
- NEW: Raimondo Mentee Running for State Senate
- NEW: Raimondo to Launch Financial Empowerment Initiative
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Opposes ‘Closed-Door Meetings’ Ahead of Pension Case
- Raimondo Enters RI Governor’s Race via Video
- Raimondo, Chafee Form Special Pension Task Force
- Russell Moore: Risk, Volatility + High Fees—Raimondo’s Gamble
- The Scoop: Raimondo Launches Poll, Nunes Angry over E. Coli
- Is Clay Pell the Next Lincoln Chafee?
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT, Chafee-Raimondo Bill Pt. 2
- Carol Anne Costa: Raimondo Steps Up For Crime Victims
- Former Teachers Union Head Blasts Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- NEW POLL: Shows Raimondo Over Chafee and Doherty Over Taveras
- NEW: Ken Block Criticizes Raimondo’s Agenda
- NEW: Raimondo One of Four Honored For Excellence
- NEW: Raimondo’s Office Responds to Rolling Stone Article
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Voices Support for Gay Marriage
- Raimondo Expands Staff
- Raimondo: Already Gearing up for 2014 Run?
- Should Raimondo Release Contracts with Hedge Funds
- The Scoop: Raimondo Set to Break Quarterly Fundraising Record
- RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- John Perilli: Pell’s Path Forward
- AFSCME Info Request on Money Managers’ Fees Blocked By Raimondo
- Don Roach: Can We Believe Raimondo?
- INVESTIGATION: Raimondo Gives State Contracts to Campaign Donors
- NEW: Block Blasts Chafee and Raimondo on “Closed Door Deal Making”
- NEW: Raimondo Addresses Supporters Following Pension Investigation
- NEW: Raimondo Picks New Administrator for Victims Fund
- NEW: Raimondo—Pension Reform Needed to Avoid Budget Disaster
- Raimondo Got Donation from Hedge Fund Indicted for Fraud
- Raimondo: Pensions Dragging Down RI Economy
- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- The Scoop: Raimondo Tops Taveras by 250K, Brown Bankruptcy Forum
- RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- NEW: Pell Makes Rhode Island Gubernatorial Run Official
- Aaron Regunberg: A Closer Look at Raimondomania
- EXCLUSIVE: RI Pension Investment in Raimondo’s Pt. Judith Had Steep Losses
- INVESTIGATION: Raimondo Lobbied for Venture Pal’s Business
- NEW: Block Blasts Raimondo’s Infrastructure Proposal
- NEW: Raimondo Failed to Comply with State Divestment Law
- NEW: Raimondo Reviews Pension Portfolio for Gun Holdings
- NEW: Raimondo—‘Time to Avoid Future Catastrophe’
- New: Raimondo Issues ‘State of the Treasury’ Mid-term Report
- Raimondo Issues Detailed Rebuttal to Rolling Stone Article
- Russ Moore: Can Raimondo Out-Spin The Unions?
- Tea Party Lines Up Behind Treasurer Raimondo on Pension Reform
- The Scoop: Taveras Poll Boosted Raimondo Fundraising; More
- Introducing: RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- NEW: Clay Pell Announces Run For RI Governor Via Video
- Arthur Schaper: Gina Raimondo, You KO’d My 401(k)!
- EXCLUSIVE: State Pension Fund Lost $200M under Raimondo
- In Case You Missed It: Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- NEW: Brown Poll Says Raimondo Leads Taveras in Democratic Primary