NEW: Loughlin Speaks Out on Doherty Voting as Democrat
Friday, May 13, 2011
Loughlin told GoLocalProv:
"I think that the Republican voters of the First Congressional district will have a great deal of time to evaluate the level of commitment to Republican ideals of both campaigns during the upcoming campaigns. I have worked hard, day-by-day, as a loyal and diligent member of our party. I have attended our events, supported our causes and worked for our candidates. Together, we have seen victory and tasted defeat but we never lost hope.
My commitment remains as strong as ever to the things Republicans stand for, specifically to fight, as an elected Republican for lower taxes, more transparent government, and more personal freedom for Rhode Islanders."
- GOP Primary: Loughlin or Doherty
- NEW: Doherty Running for Congress
- Doherty Announces for Congress: Jobs, Anti-Corruption Key Themes
- Exclusive: GOP Candidate Doherty Voted Democratic Twice
- GOP Blames Doherty Resignation on Chafee