slides: 2014 RI Governor’s Race - Raimondo Has the Early Money Lead
Friday, February 01, 2013
See who has the most money.
The boss of the Moderate Party poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into his effort to make the Moderate Party relevant. He was a fringe candidate in 2010 and has stayed on the radar screen with a big effort to end the master lever.
He goes into the 2014 election cycle with $20,000.
The General Treasurer is leading in the first poll and is the darling of the business community for her efforts for pension reform.
Her venture capital friends and Wall Street connections have been the pathway to campaign fundraising success. She ended 2014 with a blistering $1,359,191.
By far she leads the field. See the full report.
He lead the race for the 1st Congressional seat by more than 15 points, but the former State Police boss faded badly and got whipped away by David Cicilline.
Now, a favorite for the GOP nomination along with Fung, he ended his Congressional campaign with $69,000 in cash and $50,000 of debt.
He has not yet created campaign organization to run for Governor.
The Providence Mayor is looking hard at a run for Governor. Staying in Providence too long can be a political death sentence.
Only Cicilline has escaped to another office. Joe Paolino and Buddy Cianci both were stymied when they tried to run for Governor.
Taveras has $ 413,283.70 in his Mayoral account. He trails Raimondo badly.
- 20 Contenders for Statewide Office in 2014
- Rhode Island Man Locks Up Campaign Websites Ahead of 2014 Elections
- 2014 Governor’s Race Already Taking Form
- Report: RI Unemployment to Remain Above 9% Until at Least 2014
- 8 Names to Watch for 2014 Governor’s Race
- Don Roach: Jockeying for Position in the 2014 Governor’s Race
- Chafee Says No New Taxes in FY2014 Budget
- NEW: Almonte to Run for Governor in 2014
- NEW: John Robitaille will Not Run for Governor in 2014
- Raimondo: Already Gearing up for 2014 Run?
- 15 Rhode Island Politicians to Watch for 2014
- Economic Forecast: RI Won’t Fully Recover by 2014