11 to Watch in 2011: Gordon Fox
Thursday, December 30, 2010
He grew up in the historically black neighborhood off Mount Hope, attended Classical, Rhode Island College and then off to Northeastern for law school – all the time working full-time.
Fox enters 2011, his first full-term after succeeding Bill Murphy, with a rock-solid majority and a new Independent governor who won with 36% of the vote. For Fox and the rest of Rhode Island’s leadership the challenges are daunting.
It’s the Economy…
But, Fox may be the right person at the right time. Smart, passionate and trusted – he could drive change in 2011 that reinvents the relationship between government and public unions and drives private sector job growth.
Speaker Fox is one of the 11 to watch in 2011.
- 11 to Watch in 2011: RIverzEdge
- Lynch Responds to Fox Endorsement of Cicilline
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Peter Bramante
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Keith Stokes
- Fox Expected to Remain House Speaker
- Exclusive to GoLocalProv: House Speaker Gordon Fox Endorses Cicilline for Congress
- 11 to Watch in 2011
- Thank You Gordon Fox
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Betaspring Founders Allan Tear, Owen Johnson & Jack Templin
- On The Couch: Speaker of the House Gordon Fox
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Deer Tick
- Fox’s First (Not Quite) 100 Days: More of the Same?