Cheat Sheet 54, FBI Files: FBI Track Alleged Bribes to NJ Governor Brendan Byrne
Monday, August 15, 2016
Each week accompanying the segments of the FBI files on Raymond Patriarca and expert analysis on the documents released, GoLocal provides a “cheat sheet” of some of the key elements from the documents.
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 23 “On May 12, 1980, REDACTED Advised that REDACTED currently under indictment by the State of New Jersey concerning unreported Gubernartorial election campaign donations, traveled to Palm Beach, Florida, on or about Febraury-March, 1976. At that time REDACTED Democratic party and reputedly one of the most successful fundraisers for New Jersey Governor Brendan Byrnes.”
PAGE 29 “In view of the above record review, it now appears that the alleged payoff to Governor Brendan Byrne at Palm Beach, Florida may have occurred in the latter part of January or early part of February, 1976.”
PAGE 33 Allegedly brides were paid to New Jersey Governor so COIA could receives approval of the New Jersey Insurance Commission — $50,000 paid in cash.
PAGE 41 ABSCAM
PAGE 45 Supervisor at FBI — Louis Freeh.
PAGE 70 Taping Arthur Coia
PAGE 71 “Boston requests authority for a 30 day period, to utilize a body recorder and/or transmitting device to be worn by source to record conversations he might have with Arthur E. Coia…”
Page 76 James Zazzali named NJ Attorney General
PAGE 95 “Investigation by Boston Division has disclosed no wrongdoing on the part of New Jersey Governor Brendan Byrne.
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 54
- Cheat Sheet 53, FBI Files: Key Witness is Killed
- Cheat Sheet 52, FBI Files: Federal Courts Battle Over Indictments of Coia and Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 51, FBI Files: Indictment of Patriarca, Coia, & Other Laborers International
- Cheat Sheet 50, FBI Files: Winter Hill Gang, Bonded Vault, Bevilacqua’s Relationship with Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 49, FBI Files: Las Vegas Casinos, RI Corruption, Callei Murder, Bonded Vault
- Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 44, FBI Files: 20 Murders, Coia, Worcester Cop
- Cheat Sheet 43, FBI Files: Nazis, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Civil Rights
- Cheat Sheet 42 The Patriarca Papers – Nazis, Negroes and Buying a Chevy Dealership
- Cheat Sheet 41, FBI Files: Bianco, Bombs Outlawed, Volpe and Warwick Musical Theatre