Cheat Sheet 52, FBI Files: Federal Courts Battle Over Indictments of Coia and Patriarca
Monday, August 01, 2016
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 6: In Miami, Raymond Patriarca and members of the Laborers International Union of America are indicted by a Federal grand jury in the Southern District of Florida in September 23, 1981. The trial date is set for November 26, 1981.
PAGE 9: Federal Judge James King, “granted joint motion of attorneys present to sever from defendant Patriarca and advised that he would be reviewing Patriarca matter with eye towards entering order for transfer to districts of Rhode Island or Massachusetts for prosecution.
PAGE 24: March 5, 1982 meeting between U.S. Attorney Lincoln Almond, RI Attorney General Dennis Roberts, II, and head attorney for the Strike Force regarding the prosecution of Raymond Patriarca and members of the Laborer’s International.
PAGE 35 READ THE INDICTMENT against Arthur A. Coia, Arthur E. Coia, Albert J. Lepore, Raymond L.S. Patriarca, and Joseph J. Vaccaro, Jr.
PAGE 52 ORDER DISMISSING INDICTMENTS
PAGE 56-57: Dismissal of the Indictments is appealed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
PAGE 98 Key informant is expected to testify in “proceeding in Rhode Island concerning a murder conspiracy of a Rhode Island Teamster Union Official.”
FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 52
- Cheat Sheet 51, FBI Files: Indictment of Patriarca, Coia, & Other Laborers International
- Cheat Sheet 50, FBI Files: Winter Hill Gang, Bonded Vault, Bevilacqua’s Relationship with Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 49, FBI Files: Las Vegas Casinos, RI Corruption, Callei Murder, Bonded Vault
- Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 44, FBI Files: 20 Murders, Coia, Worcester Cop
- Cheat Sheet 43, FBI Files: Nazis, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Civil Rights
- Cheat Sheet 42 The Patriarca Papers – Nazis, Negroes and Buying a Chevy Dealership
- Cheat Sheet 41, FBI Files: Bianco, Bombs Outlawed, Volpe and Warwick Musical Theatre
- Cheat Sheet 40, FBI Files: Collapse of the Bonanno Family, Bodies in a Car, Dynamite on the Engine
- Cheat Sheet 39 - The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca’s Ongoing Hatred for Robert Kennedy)
- Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca and Mayor Doorley)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)