Cheat Sheet 49, FBI Files: Las Vegas Casinos, RI Corruption, Callei Murder, Bonded Vault
Monday, July 11, 2016
PAGE 16 FBI Memo unveils that Richard “CALLEI is crazy and os going to start a power struggle with RAYMOND PATRIARCA.”
PAGE 17 In a DOJ memo from November of 1973, it is reported that “PATRIARCA, his family and attorneys have contended that little is being done to rehabilitate PATRIARCA in Atlanta where he is a prison janitor.”
PAGE 18 RI Attorney General Richard Israel blasts the decision by the RI Department of Corrections to assign Raymond Patriarca to the ACI rather than return him to the Federal Prison in Atlanta, GA.
“ISRAEL noted that this decision was a black-day in the war on organized crime in the State of Rhode Island. ISRAEL states that he feared that the state is slipping back into an era of complacency about organized crime.”
“His visiting list is restricted to family members and ‘one special friend.”
“…Patriarca would become eligible for parole in December, 1973, based on the serving of one-third of the total time and assuming that the sentence received by PATRIARCA was running concurrently with the Federal sentence.”
PAGE 22 FBI Memo outlines the concerns about Patriarca’s release by Rhode island officials.
“USA Lincoln C. Almond, Providence, R.I., and Strike Force Chief REDACTED Boston, MASS., plan to contact Departmental authorities re possibility of giving Rhode Island Parole Board access to material from microphone coverage of Patriarca from 1962 to 1965 to emphasize his importance in the organized crime field…”
PAGE 28 In January of 1974, the Parole Board denies Patriarca’s request for Parole. He will be eligible again in six-months.
PAGE 29 A PhD candidate asks the FBI for copies of the illegal wiretaps to use as source material for his thesis “Influence of Organized Crime of American English.”
PAGE 34 Patriarca is finally released on bail in January of 1975. Governor comes under fire.
PAGE 36 Clarence Kelley, the Director of the FBI, wrote to the PhD candidate denying the request for the documents as it “would create substantial and unwarranted invasion of the personal privacy of the individuals involved in or mentioned in any conversations we may have.”
PAGE 42 Breaks down which Las Vegas Casinos are owned by which mafia families.
PAGE 55 All available informant information indicated that RAYMOND L.S. PATRIARCA is still in control of the LCN family in R.I. and one of his major lieutenants is NICHOLAS BIANCO. BIANCO is the most visible force in the family at this time even though PATRIARCA is still the final authority on all decisions.”
PAGE 58 “RICHIE CALLEI REDACTED got hit with a chair Saturday night at NICK BIANCO’s place.”
PAGE 65 Patriarca marries Rita O’Toole at his home on the East Side and the ceremony is performed by Reverend Leonard Ridlawn, the protestant Chaplin from the ACI.
PAGE 67 Richard Callei is murdered.
PAGE 75 Las Vegas is getting “an awful lot of ‘wise guys’ from the Providence, R.I. area.”
PAGE 77 Since the Callei murder, Gerry Anguilo has started to make his weekly payments to Patriarca again.
PAGE 81 Trouble at the Worcester County National Bank.
PAGE 99 “On August 14, 1975, the firm Hudson Services, Inc., also known as Bonded Vault was robbed by seven males. Hudson Services Inc ss located at Cranston Street, Providence, Rhode Island. Investigation disclosed that Hudson Services maintained a large number of safe deposit boxes, many of which were rented under assumed names by organized crime figures. Estimates of the amount of loot taken range from $1 to $5 million.”
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 49
- Cheat Sheet 48, FBI Files: Patriarca Asks to Appear on CBS News with Cronkite
- Cheat Sheet 47, FBI Files: Patriarca Runs His Crime Organization from Jail
- Cheat Sheet 46, FBI Files: Is Patriarca Losing Power? Gang War Coming?
- Cheat Sheet 45, FBI Files: Valachi Called to be Deposed in Patriarca’s Suit Against Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 44, FBI Files: 20 Murders, Coia, Worcester Cop
- Cheat Sheet 43, FBI Files: Nazis, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Civil Rights
- Cheat Sheet 42 The Patriarca Papers – Nazis, Negroes and Buying a Chevy Dealership
- Cheat Sheet 41, FBI Files: Bianco, Bombs Outlawed, Volpe and Warwick Musical Theatre
- Cheat Sheet 40, FBI Files: Collapse of the Bonanno Family, Bodies in a Car, Dynamite on the Engine
- Cheat Sheet 39 - The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca’s Ongoing Hatred for Robert Kennedy)
- Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca and Mayor Doorley)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- Cheat Sheet 33 The Patriarca Papers - Hoffa, Bianco, Suing the Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 32 The Patriarca Papers – Arrival of Nick Bianco and $70k in Stolen Underwear
- Cheat Sheet 31 The Patriarca Papers – Jimmy Hoffa, Diamonds from Zayre’s, Governor Volpe
- Cheat Sheet 30 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca Asks Paolino to Help with Bay View, Notte’s Cash
- Cheat Sheet 29, FBI Files: Sen Pastore Bribed, Ed Brooke Investigation, Fogarty Party
- Cheat Sheet 28, FBI Files: Bobby Kennedy, Money and Women to Notte, and Bombing
- Cheat Sheet 27, FBI Files: FBI Tips League About Patriots’ Betting, Chafee’s Impact on Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 26, FBI Files: Patriot Players Betting on Games, F. Lee Bailey, Dean Martin and Sinatra
- Cheat Sheet 25, FBI Files: DiMaggio and Sinatra on Patriarca’s Race Track Board
- Cheat Sheet 24, FBI Files: State Troopers on the Payroll, Ted Kennedy, Dynamite, Wiretaps