Cheat Sheet 41, FBI Files: Bianco, Bombs Outlawed, Volpe and Warwick Musical Theatre
Monday, May 16, 2016
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 1 NY Police Department tie Nick Bianco to a potential murder
PAGE 9 Patriarca asks for a dozen Speidel watch bands to give as Christmas Gifts.
PAGE 9 Discussions about slugs in telephones and in cigarette machines.
PAGE 20 Taglianetti’s Cousin was offered $150 per weekly the Feds to be an informant on Taglianetti and Patriarca.
PAGE 26 Stolen TV Sets and Radios
PAGE 29 “During the conversation PATRIARCA stated that the Deputy Chief of Narragansett, R.I. was a good friend of his.”
PAGE 32 “ANGIULO asked for an received permission from PATRIARCA to contact “SONNY” McDONOUGH, Governor’s Counsel, State of Massachusetts, in an effort to remove REDACTED of the Massachusetts State Police who is in charge of the REDACTED Unit at Massachusetts State Police Headquarters.”
PAGE 46 “PATRIARCA advised that former Massachusetts State Police REDACTED had contacted him in Providence at the request of Governor Elect JOHN A. VOLPE to ascertain whether he (PATRIARCA) had furnished a substantial sum of money to the campaign of VOLPE’s opponent, FRANCIS X. BELLOTTI.
PAGE 50 “PATRIARCA was also contacted by REDACTED said that WILLIE MARFEO has been bragging that they ‘won’t get him.’..REDACTED told PATRIARCA that he would get MARFEO, and PATRIARCA did not discourage him.”
According to FBI documents, “In regard to the Warwick Musical Theatreon Bald Hill Road, Warwick, Rhode Ilsand, FRIEDMAN stated that this organization was started about tenor eleven years ago by about 150 businessmen in Rhode Island who invested money in increments of $125.00, some investing $125.00, while others invested more than that amount.
It started off very slowly: REDACTED was made REDACTED theatre and has been acting in that capacity ever since. He said that RAYMOND PATRIARCA has not invested any money in this company and has not interest whatsoever in it.”
PAGE 100 Patriarca gets a subpoena to appear for the government.
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 41
- Cheat Sheet 40, FBI Files: Collapse of the Bonanno Family, Bodies in a Car, Dynamite on the Engine
- Cheat Sheet 39 - The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca’s Ongoing Hatred for Robert Kennedy)
- Cheat Sheet 38 - The Patriarca Papers (Helen Patriarca Dies of Cancer, Numerous Hits Ordered)
- Cheat Sheet 37 The Patriarca Papers – Stealing Typewriters, Flemmi, Barbosa, Italian Federal Judge
- Cheat Sheet 36 - The Patriarca Papers (Union Problems for Gilbane, Sinatra, Nazi’s and Murders)
- Cheat Sheet 35 The Patriarca Papers (Patriarca and Mayor Doorley)
- Cheat Sheet 34 The Patriarca Papers (Valachi, $400k for Goat Island in Newport, and Bellotti)
- Cheat Sheet 33 The Patriarca Papers - Hoffa, Bianco, Suing the Boston Herald
- Cheat Sheet 32 The Patriarca Papers – Arrival of Nick Bianco and $70k in Stolen Underwear
- Cheat Sheet 31 The Patriarca Papers – Jimmy Hoffa, Diamonds from Zayre’s, Governor Volpe
- Cheat Sheet 30 The Patriarca Papers – Patriarca Asks Paolino to Help with Bay View, Notte’s Cash
- Cheat Sheet 29, FBI Files: Sen Pastore Bribed, Ed Brooke Investigation, Fogarty Party
- Cheat Sheet 28, FBI Files: Bobby Kennedy, Money and Women to Notte, and Bombing
- Cheat Sheet 27, FBI Files: FBI Tips League About Patriots’ Betting, Chafee’s Impact on Patriarca
- Cheat Sheet 26, FBI Files: Patriot Players Betting on Games, F. Lee Bailey, Dean Martin and Sinatra