Cheat Sheet 6, FBI Files Unveils Patriarca’s Ties to Port and Alleged Connection to Drugs
Monday, September 14, 2015
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
This week more than 40 pages of FBI files explore Patriarca's role at the Port of Fall River and allegations that he controlled the facility and use it to import drugs.
FBI pursue the claim by an informant that MA State Representative John F. X. Davern of Milford had built up a $25,000 gambling debt to Patriarca.
Page 4 Fruit and Produce Company Tied to Patriarca
Its alleged the the owners of Tourtellot Company had built up a $50,000 debt to Patriarca. The company that was located at the produce market building from 1929 to 1998. The $50,000 debt would equate to more than $1.540
A Fall River-based informant claims that Patriarca is involved or controls the Port in Fall River. Previously, Massachusetts State Police had received reports that Patriarca controlled the Stevedoring at the Port in Fall River and used the port to import drugs in bags of cement.
When State Police investigated they found no proof. Rumors of drugs and Patriarca’s control of the port continues.
The informant loses his memory and is committed to insane asylum at Brockton VA Hospital. The wife of the informant tells the FBI that he has lost of memory regarding the events. According to his wife, “any interview attempt to recall such incidents would excite him and definitely retard his mental progress.”
Page 47 MA State Police Letter to Bristol County DA
According to the letter, “One_______Business Agent for Local 526, tried to unionize the stevedores but allegedly was assaulted and thrown into the Taunton River when he went to the pier to do so.” The assault is tied to Patriarca.
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 6
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 6
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 5
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 4
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 2
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 3, Part 1
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 2, Part 1
- The Patriarca Papers - Entry 1
- Was Federal Hill Safer When Raymond Patriarca Was in Charge?
- The Patriarca Papers Experts
- Law Enforcement Experts Weigh in on The Patriarca Papers’ Entry 1
- GoLocalTV: Previewing Section 1 of the Patriarca Papers
- Glossary of The Patriarca Papers Terms
- The Patriarca Papers - FBI Files of the Boss of the New England Crime Family
- Cheat Sheet 4, FBI Files Unveils the Business Ties of Patriarca’s Lawyers
- Cheat Sheet 3, Part 2 The Patriarca Papers – Supreme Court Justice, Miami Trip, & Col. Stone
- Cheat Sheet 3 The Patriarca Papers – Ties to NY Families, Biltmore and Listening Devices
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- Cheat Sheet 1 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils GOP Advisor, Las Vegas, and Criminal Record