Woonsocket Teenager Killed in Crash on I-295 in Johnston
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
The driver, Lungpalinya Phouvong, 17, of 26 Cross Street in Woonsocket, was taken to Hasbro Children’s Hospital, where she later was pronounced dead. She was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Two other teenagers, who were wearing seatbelts, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. They were treated at Hasbro Children’s Hospital and then released.
Rhode Island State Police Captain Derek Borek said the car was heading south on I-295 when it went off the road and struck a tree just north of the Exit 4 ramp to Plainfield Pike.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Police Respond to Threatening Call Made to Jewish Community Day School in Providence
- LISTEN: Biggest Circus Accidents in History
- The 7 Worst Circus Accidents
- Biggest Circus Accidents in History
- NEW: Two Injured in Circus Accident in Critical Condition
- VIDEO of Circus Accident - Ringling Brothers in Providence
- BREAKING: Serious Accident at Circus at Dunkin Donut, Many Injured
- City Accidentally Releases Thousands of Retirees’ Social Security Numbers
- NEW: House Passes Bill Stiffening Penalties for Leaving Scenes of Car Accidents
- Your Opinion: Fung’s Coming Forward On Accidental Death Now?
- LISTEN: Providence Circus Accident: Animals Inspected, Not Workers
- Providence Circus Accident: Animals Inspected but Not Workers
- NEW: Serious Accident at East Side RIPTA Tunnel in Providence
- NEW: RIPTA Releases Crash Footage From Monday’s Bus Tunnel Accident
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- RIPTA Refuses to Disclose Driver Accident Reports
- Update Circus Accident: 2 Spinal Cord Injuries, 7 Hospitalized
- UPDATE Circus Accident: Parent Company Feld Thanks Providence