Weather Update: Snow Expected to Hit Providence’s Monday Morning Commute
Monday, December 05, 2016
Less than one inch of snow is possible on Monday morning, changing to rain after noon time, according to the National Weather Service.
“Snow will develop during the early morning hours Monday continuing into midday potentially mixing with or changing over to rain before concluding," said the Service in their statement.
According to the Service, there is an 80% chance of snow before noon and a 70% chance of it changing to rain after noon time.
See the National Weather Service Statement Below
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
422 PM EST SUN DEC 4 2016
HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-
EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-
WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-
WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-
SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-
SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-
WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-
SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-EASTERN KENT RI-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS...UNION...
EAST GREENWICH...WARWICK...WEST WARWICK...BRISTOL
422 PM EST SUN DEC 4 2016
...SNOW FORECAST FOR THE MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE...
SNOW WILL DEVELOP DURING THE EARLY MORNING HOURS MONDAY CONTINUING
INTO MIDDAY POTENTIALLY MIXING WITH OR CHANGING OVER TO RAIN BEFORE
ANTICIPATE IMPACTS TO THE MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE. PLEASE BE PREPARED
FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES WITH SNOW.
ACCUMULATIONS OF A COATING TO 2 INCHES ARE FORECAST WITH THE HIGHEST
AMOUNTS OVER NORTH AND WEST MASSACHUSETTS AND CONNECTICUT ALONG THE
HIGH TERRAIN BEFORE ALL IS SAID AND DONE.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to do Before it Snows
Providence Waterfire - Nov. 7th
This is the last waterfire of 2015 so if you have yet to get to one this year, plan to go to this one.
Waterfire will pay tribute to veterans who have served the country with a number of special ceremonies, fairs and other activities. You don't want to miss this Waterfire.
For more information, click here.
Rock Climbing at Purgatory Chasm
Go for a end of season adventure to Purgatory Chasm just off of Rte. 146 and do some rock climbing. Purgatory Chasm has 10 different climbing options, if you get bored on one, just go to the other one.
Just be careful while your doing it.
Have a cocktail on the patio at Ceres Bistro at the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester
Outdoor dining is getting tougher and tougher but right now seems to be a perfect stretch of weather to sit out side and have a cocktail or even dinner if you choose.
Savor this because in just a short time, dinning will only be indoors.
For more information, click here.
Bike at the East Bay Bike Path
If walking and running doesn't do it for you, grab your bike out the garage and ride down the East Bay bike path for some solid excerise.
Treasure riding a bike and actually going somewhere because once the snow hits, it's going to be stationary bikes inside a gym.
Veterans Memorial 5K Road Race in Worcester
Do you think you have one more race in you this season? Make it the Veterans Memorial 5K Road Race in Worcester taking place Saturday, November 7th.
The race begins at 9 a.m.
If you can't make it to this race, be sure to get out to another one before this nice weather fades
Grafton Flea Market
With the winter months coming, you might want to stock up on extra clothes or some other cool things to keep you entertained. Get to the Grafton Flea Market for some awesome bargains, and cool merchandise.
The Flea Market is located at 296 Upton Street in Grafton
Roger Williams Park Zoo
While the Zoo never closes for the winter, it's a bit tougher to get there in the snow and certainly less enjoyable in the frigid weather.
So take advantage of this nice weather and go visit the zoo.
The animals will appreciate if you do.
Click here for more information.
Hike at Becket Land Trust Historic Quarry and Forest in The Berkshires
The quarry and forest offers extensive hiking trails, providing great workouts for those hiking them as well as spectauclar views and just a relaxing hike for all.
The trails are open from dawn to dusk.
Walk/Jog/Hike Through the Bird Sanctuary
There are some great walking and hiking paths behind the Audubon Society on Massasoit Road in Worcester to visit this fall.
Want to be at peace and escape the city without really leaving the city? Take a brisk walk through the Bird Sanctuary. If you don't feel better by the time you leave there...then turn around and go back in.
The bird sanctuary is located on 414 Massasoit Road in Worcester
- NEW: Mayor Elorza’s Office Accused of Deleting Facebook Posts About Snow Removal
- Dr. Downtown, David Brussat: Dr. Downtown’s Snowy Providence
- City Snow Budgets - See the Numbers
- Repeat Storms Maxing Out City Snow Budgets
- Finneran: Those Snow Drifts Hold Stories
- Snow Resumes Sunday Night, Continues Through Monday - 12+ Inches Possible
- Leonard Moorehead, The Urban Gardener: Seeds in the Snowbed
- Patriots Victory Parade Moved to Wednesday Due to Snow, Cold
- NEW: Providence Ranked 12th Snowiest City in U.S.
- Providence Snow Equipment - See the Costs
- Providence City Council Grades Snow Removal Efforts
- Jencunas: Elorza’s First 100 Days - Potholes and Snow
- It’s Freaking 60° Out, Here Are 25 Things to do Before it Snows
- Weather Service Reports 26% Chance Prov Gets 12-18” of Snow Sunday into Monday
- Edward Snowden Talks About a Return to the United States
- Weather Service Reports 46% Chance of Prov Getting 4-6” of Snow on Monday
- Providence Issues Parking Ban, After City Gets Hit with Half Foot of Snow
- Above Normal Snowfall Projected for Upcoming Winter in Northeast
- NEW: Providence Public Schools Issue Snow Cancellation for Monday February 8
- John Ghiorse: Monday Storm Could Bring Up to a Foot of Snow
- RI Beauty Expert: Snow Day Chic
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the East
- College Admissions: Best Ski + Snowboard Colleges in the West
- EDITORIAL: In 2016 Rematch, Elorza Beat Snow in the First Round
- Contaminated Snow Can Be an Environmental Hazard, Warns DEM