Warren Blasts Pfizer for Hiking Prices on Prescription Drugs
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
In July, Pfizer announced that it would hike the prices of 41 prescription drugs, including drugs used to treat life-threatening illnesses like lung cancer.
"Pfizer 'promised' it wouldn't raise prices, then turned around and raised them anyway. We can't count on drug companies to tackle rising drug costs, so Congress must. We can start by passing my bill to put a $500 monthly cap on what families pay out-of-pocket for prescriptions,” said Warren.
Warren is the lead sponsor of the Capping Prescription Costs Act of 2018, a bill that caps prescription drug copays at $250 per month for individuals and $500 per month for families.
The bill also ensures that individuals and families with high prescription drug costs are protected and can access necessary medications.
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Trump and Clinton, Raimondo’s CA Developer, and Warren’s Greatness
- Sen. Warren Addresses Election of Donald Trump to AFL-CIO
- Senator Warren Sends Blistering Letter to Trump’s Transition Team
- Sen. Warren to Wells Fargo CEO: “You Should Resign”
- Reed, Warren, Sanders and other Senator Express Serious Concerns About Mylan’s Price Hike on EpiPens
- Warren Blasts Obama On Trade Enforcement
- Riley: Warren Buffett, Jorge Elorza and Jack Bogle
- Oregon’s Merkley is 1st Senator to Endorse Bernie Sanders - Where is Sen. Warren?
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren to Endorse Hillary Clinton
- Sen. Warren Asks Government Accountability Office to Review Trump’s Transition
- Warren Questions Suitability of Health & Human Services Secretary Designate
- Brown’s Warren Alpert Medical School Receives $50 Million Gift
- Patriot Great Campaigns For Elizabeth Warren’s Opponent
- Diehl Blasts Senator Warren for “Failing New Bedford”
- On-Ramp from Warren Ave to I-195 West Closed This Weekend