UNAP to Picket Outside of Rhode Island Hospital on Monday
Monday, August 06, 2018
United Nurses and Allied Professionals (UNAP) Local 5098 will resume informational picketing outside of Rhode Island Hospital on Monday.
The picket will go from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
UNAP will also picket ousted of Miriam Hospital on Tuesday, August 7 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
No Confidence Vote & More Strikes
These pickets come after UNAP voted no confidence in Lifespan CEO Timothy Babineau and Hospital President Margaret Van Bree late last week.
As GoLocalProv reported, UNAP also voted Thursday to authorize members of its' bargaining team to issue a 10-day strike notice, in the event that negotiations with Lifespan again break down.
A second vote by the membership would have to occur before moving forward with a strike and the bargaining team has no immediate plans to issue a strike notice before both sides return to the table on August 8.
UNAP members continue to work under a contract that expired on June 30.
UNAP represents more than 2,400 nurses, technologists, therapists and health professionals at Rhode Island and Hasbro Children's Hospitals.
Related Slideshow: RI Dept. of Health, RI Hospital Consent Agreement - June 2018
- Care New England, UNAP Reach Agreement to Keep up to 200 Healthcare Jobs at Memorial
- UNAP’s Callaci: Union Lawsuit Prompted Action on Saving Memorial Jobs
- UNAP Members to Protest Outside of Memorial Hospital on Monday
- UNAP Calls Care New England’s Effort to Close Memorial Hospital Intensive Care “Irreponsible”
- Unknown and unappreciated? CCRI’s quest for the “big time”
- UNAP, Elected Leaders to Urge Health Dept. to Halt Memorial Hospital Closings
- UPDATED: Man Arrested for Stealing $109K from UNAP of RI’s Training Program
- UNAP Issues Statement Following Lawsuit Filed in St. Joseph’s Pension Collapse
- DeRobbio Questions City of Providence Leadership in Lifespan-UNAP Battle, on LIVE
- UNAP Issues Statement on Lifespan’s Refusal to Allow Caregivers to Return to Work Immediately
- UNAP Members Issue 10 Day Strike Notice to RI Hospital
- UNAP to Picket Outside of Rhode Island Hospital
- UNAP Members Vote Down Lifespan Contract Offer at RI Hospital—Will Issue 10 Day Strike Notice
- UNAP Nurses at RI Hospital Vote ‘No Confidence’ in Babineau and Van Bree