slides: U.S. Department of Education Ranks RI Colleges by Return on Investment
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
The scorecard, which contains 171 megabytes worth of data, does not contain ratings of different schools. Instead, it is a large, searchable pool of data that allows students and families to see a huge amount of information about colleges and universities students are attending, or considering attending.
Slides: See How RI's Colleges Ranked BELOW
Students can enter the name of any college or university and instantly see the school's average annual cost, graduation rate, student earnings 10 years after entering a school, the percentage of first-generation students at a specific school and the percentage of students who repay at least a dollar of principal on their federal student loans without three years.
According to the Department of Education website, the scorecard is designed to allow all students a better understanding of the decision of where to attend school.
“Despite the importance of these decisions, students, especially those who are low-income or first-generation, often lack clear, easy-to-use, and accessible information,” the site reads. “Research shows that when students have better information, they make better choices about their education. When choosing a college, students need information on college quality to know whether their investment in higher education will pay off.”
GoLocal took a look at the return on investment at each university or college located in Rhode Island.
Related Slideshow: U.S. Department of Education Ranks RI Colleges by Return on Investment
- Naval War College Professor Receives Award For Work With High School Students
- College Admissions: 5 Things Rising Seniors Need To Do This Summer
- College Admissions: Will You Get a Free SAT in October?
- College Admissions: 10 Western Colleges Worth the Trip This Summer
- College Admissions: How To Get Noticed by College Coaches Now
- Naval War College Graduation Set For June 19
- College Admissions: SAT Plagued With Issues
- NEW: College Unbound Approved as Rhode Island’s Newest College
- College Admissions: Advice to The Class of 2016 From The Class of 2015
- NEW: URI Names Ebrahimpour College of Business Dean
- College Admissions: 6 Steps To A Killer College Application
- College Admissions: 10 Pieces of Advice for College Freshmen and Their Parents
- College Admissions: 6 Great Summer Reads for College Students (And Their Parents)
- Providence College: The Best Men’s Sports Program in US Per Capita
- College Admissions: 4 New England College Roadtrips
- College Admissions: President Obama’s College Scorecard Rankings
- College Admissions: 6 Last-Minute Summer Ideas for HS Students
- College Admissions: 4 Reasons to Start Your College Applications NOW
- College Admissions: 5 Endless Summer Colleges
- College Admissions: Insider Secrets for Pre-Med Applicants
- Ludacris to Perform at Providence College Late Night Madness
- College Admissions: Why Starting in 9th Grade Matters
- College Admissions: 6 Reasons to Pick a State University
- Neighbors Blast Off-Campus College Parties in Providence
- GoLocalTV: Magaziner Announces New Incentive for RI Families to Save for College