slides: Top 25 Highest Paying Jobs in Rhode Island
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Here in Rhode Island surgeons are pulling in an average of $233,780 per year. Nationwide, the top paid full-time employees were anesthesiologists, with an income of $232,830.
The lowest paid in Rhode Island are host or hostess at a restaurant at just over $17,000 annually.
It is estimated by the Department of Labor that nonfarm payroll in Rhode Island totaled 467,200 in June, reflecting a gain of 400 jobs from the May revised employment estimate of 466,800. Over the past year, Rhode Island's job growth has been in some key sectors, including Professional & Business Services (+3,500), Financial Activities (+1,600), Health Care & Social Assistance (+900), Manufacturing (+500), Arts, Entertainment & Recreation (+500), and Transportation & Warehousing (+100).
Counting jobs, counting salaries
The Occupational Employment Statistics Program (OES) program, which is overseen by The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), compiles labor statistics yearly, collected in 458 broad occupations, 22 major occupational groups, 94 minor occupational groups, and 821 detailed occupational groups. The most recent statistics, provide an overview of employment and wages for May, 2012.
Which occupations drew the highest mean annual salaries in Rhode Island? See the List Below:
- EXCLUSIVE: Feds Question Jobs & No-Bid Contracts at Providence Housing
- NEW: Gemma Offers Mixed View on Jobs Report
- Providence Loan Fund Created Few Jobs Under Cicilline
- EXCLUSIVE: MetLife to Cut 500-600 Rhode Island Jobs
- NEW: Langevin to Talk Jobs, Economy During Westerly Community Day
- Rob Horowitz: The Ultimate City: Bohemians, Gays & Jobs
- Group Claims Eliminating Sales Tax Would Create Thousands of Jobs
- NEW: Medicare Sequester Could Cost RI 3,000 Healthcare Jobs
- Slideshow: Top Pols React to Poor Jobs Report
- Hinckley Calls Whitehouse Jobs Plan ‘Woefully Insufficient’
- NEW: Minimum Wage Hike Will Cost 200 Teen Jobs, Group Says
- State Report: Republican Shakeup, RI Loses More Jobs & Climate Change
- College Admissions: The Highest Paying Jobs By College Major 2013
- LEGAL MATTERS: Kids + Summer Jobs—What’s Allowable?
- NEW: Raising RI Minimum Wage Would Kill 3400 Jobs—Report
- Congressional Candidates React to Latest Jobs Report
- Many Struggle to Find Work After $3.7 Million Jobs Program
- NEW: Report Says RI Added Jobs in 1st Quarter
- ‘Dads Making a Difference’ Program Expands to Jobs + Education
- NEW: Brown Tops-Off $35-Million Renovation Project, Touts New Jobs Plan
- NEW: Whitehouse Rolls Out Jobs Plan
- Donna Perry: Gambling on a Jobs Strategy
- NEW: Cicilline to GOP: Focus on Jobs
- NEW: Whitehouse to Roll Out Jobs Plan Tomorrow
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.