Top 10 Hospitals in Connecticut Rated By Patients
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
"All of our hospitals review their HCAHPS results on many levels as soon as the data are available. From the bedside caregivers to the Board, everyone in each hospital is committed to improving the patient experience. Each survey gives the patient an opportunity for open communication, enabling hospitals to find solutions to better serve patients," said Mary Cooper, MD, Chief Quality Officer, Connecticut Hospital Association.
Cooper continued, "Hospitals have instituted a number of innovations to address concerns raised in HCAHPS surveys. These innovations are in the areas of medication management, providing culturally competent care, improving communication with patients, and enhancing responsiveness to patient concerns. In recent years, Connecticut hospitals implemented a major patient safety initiative, high reliability, and hospitals are adopting similar methodology to improve the patient experience."
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Hospitals in Connecticut Rated By Patients
Using the latest results from the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems , also known as the HCAHPS Survey, GoLocal has created a ranking of New England's Best Hospitals Rated by Patients.
Read more about GoLocal's methodology here
#10 Johnson Memorial Hospital
New England Rank: 119
No. of Beds: 92
Built in 1975, Johnson Memorial Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient services, including medical and surgical, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, mental health, intensive/coronary care, oncology, physical rehabilitation and emergency care.
Highlights: 85% of patients who reported that YES,they were given information about what to do during their recovery at home.
#9 Bristol Hospital
New England Rank: 112
#8 Griffin Hospital
New England Rank: 104
No.of Beds: 160
#7 Day Kimball Hospital
New England Rank: 100
#6 Milford Hospital
New England Rank: 97
#5 Stamford Hospital
New England Rank: 95
No. of Beds: 305
#4 Sharon Hospital
New England Rank: 92
No. of Beds: 78
#3 MidState Medical Center
New England Rank: 69
No. of Beds: 156
#2 Greenwich Hospital Association
#1 Middlesex Hospital
New England Rank: 54
- CHART: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- RI Hospitals Report Card: A to F
- Top 10 Hospitals in Vermont Rated By Patients
- How RI Hospitals Ranked: NE’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- RI State Report: Big Money For Rhode Island’s Hospitals + Coast
- Survey Reveals Disparities in Medicare Charges at Area Hospitals
- Methodology: Best Hospitals in New England Rated By Patients
- Rhode Island’s Best Hospitals - New US Ranking
- NEW: Brown + RI Hospitals Strike Deal on IP Management
- Top 10 Hospitals in Connecticut Rated By Patients
- NEW: Women & Infants Named One of America’s Greenest Hospitals
- NEW: HEALTH Reports Measles Exposure at Two Providence Hospitals
- Top 10 Hospitals in Maine Rated By Patients
- Coming Wednesday: New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- Top 10 Hospitals in Massachusetts Rated By Patients
- New England’s Best Hospitals Rated By Patients
- Top 10 Hospitals in New Hampshire Rated By Patients
- The Top 20 Hospitals in New England Rated By Patients
- New Surgical Safety Rankings Rate Rhode Island Hospitals
- Top 10 Hospitals in Rhode Island Rated By Patients
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.