slides: The Top High Schools in Rhode Island 2013
Monday, September 02, 2013
What is Rhode Island's Top High School?
GoLocal employs a formula developed at Babson College to assess and weight each school's latest NECAP and SAT scores, plus per pupil funding, student-teacher ratios, and graduation rates. All data is the latest available from the Rhode Island Department of Education's databases, current as of April 2013.
Nothing may be more discussed, debated, and even gossiped about, than schools. They dominate local culture with sports, student stars, college acceptances (or rejections), and the incredible hum of teen life. Everyone has loyalties. Most think theirs is best. And, with typical Rhode Island passion, are willing to argue it long past the clearing of an athletic field, the curtain on a senior theatrical or band concert, the end of a debate competition or Mock Trial. It's the most talked-about ranking in Rhode Island.
Note: Block Island High School, due to its very small size, cannot be assessed and compared in GoLocal's ranking; Hope Arts and Information/Tech closed after 2011-12; in 2012-13, Hope High School reopened under a new entity, but data for the new Hope High was not available for this year's ranking.
Research team: Sabrina Abballe, Monica White, Benjamin Mandeville, Kalena Crafton, Elizabeth R. Koh.
- Methodology: Rhode Island’s Top High Schools 2013
- The Link Between Schools + Home Values—RI’s Top High Schools 2013
- Who Moved Up + Down: Rhode Island’s Top High Schools 2013
- CHART: Rhode Island’s Top High Schools 2013 From #1 to #49
- Reactions To Rhode Island’s Top High Schools 2013
- The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in Rhode Island
- Methodology: The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- How White Is Your School: The Most Diverse High Schools in RI