The Top High Schools in Rhode Island 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
What is Rhode Island's Top High School?
GoLocal employs a formula developed at Babson College to assess and weight each school's latest NECAP and SAT scores, plus per pupil funding, student-teacher ratios, and graduation rates.
To see the full chart of all our results, including every school in ranking order, start here. To read about this year's Top School, go here. To read more about Top High Schools methodology, click here. If you're curious about how schools figure into the real estate landscape (they do), go here. Or follow all the links below for portraits of the Top 10 perfomers this year, a tale of frustration from a school at the very bottom of the chart, and an analysis of who were the big movers since last year... up and down.
Nothing may be more discussed, debated, and even gossiped about, than schools. They dominate local culture with sports, student stars, college acceptances (or rejections), and the incredible hum of teen life. Everyone has loyalties. Most think theirs is best. And, with typical Rhode Island passion, are willing to argue it long past the clearing of an athletic field, the curtain on a senior theatrical or band concert, the end of a debate competition or Mock Trial. It's the most talked-about ranking in Rhode Island.
How'd your school do?
For a printable version of RI's Top High Schools 2012, with the full chart of rankings and summaries of key articles, Download PDF
- Who Moved Up, Who Moved Down: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- RI’s #6 School 2012: Chariho Regional High School
- How We Got the Rankings: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- RI’s #7 School 2012: Westerly High School
- RI’s #1 School 2012: East Greenwich High School
- RI’s #8 School 2012: Portsmouth High School
- RI’s #10 School 2012: Classical High School
- RI’s #9 School 2012: Scituate High School
- RI’s #2 School 2012: Narragansett High School
- Providence High Schools at the Bottom: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- RI’s #3 School 2012: Exeter-West Greenwich Senior High School
- College Admissions: Why High School Rankings Matter to Colleges
- RI’s #4 School 2012: South Kingstown High School
- The Link Between Schools and Home Values: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- CHART: RI’s High Schools 2012, From #1 to #51
- RI’s #5 School 2012: Barrington High School