slides: The Top 15 Most Burdensome State Regulations
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Those 15 areas include rules and regulations on the following: apprenticeship programs, prevailing wages on publicly contracted projects, the fire safety code, daycare centers, interstate sales taxes, work on Sundays and holidays, minority contracts on state work, workers compensation, the setting of insurance rates, kindergarten and preschool certification, labor relations, employer preferred medical networks for workers comp, motor carrier services, the business corporation tax, and the food code.
In all, those areas encompass over 300 individual rules and guidelines. Below are 30 examples.
- New Laws Would Streamline Business Regulations
- TSA Relaxes Regulations: Pocket Knives to Be Allowed on Planes
- The Most Burdensome Regulations in RI
- INVESTIGATION: Rhode Island the Most Regulated State in the US
- Will New Regulations Doom RI’s Fishing Industry?
- NEW: Bills to Streamline Regulations Pass Senate
- The Top 15 Most Burdensome State Regulations
- NEW: Department of Public Safety Withdraws Proposed Regulations After ACLU Lawsuit
- NEW: Lawmaker Re-Introduces Legislation to Require EDC Projects to Conform to State Regulations
- NEW: Solomon to Introduce New Strip Club Regulations in Providence