slides: The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in Rhode Island
Saturday, June 01, 2013
Diversity continues to be one of education's most talked-about topics--how well are high school students prepared for a complex, racially and ethnically diverse society? How diverse, really, are the hallways and classrooms of each public and charter high school in the state?
Utilizing data filed by each school with the Institute for Education Science's National Center for Education Statistics, GoLocal researchers assessed each RI public and charter high school's overall racial balance (for more on the methodology, go here.) The more balanced a school's enrollment was across all race categories as named by the NCES, the higher it ranked.
How did your school do?
Research: Prateek Agarwal, Sabrina Abballe, Elizabeth R. Koh
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- Methodology: The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in RI
- The Top High Schools in Rhode Island 2012
- Providence High Schools at the Bottom: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- Who Moved Up, Who Moved Down: RI’s Top High Schools 2012
- How White Is Your School: The Most Diverse High Schools in RI