slides: The 10 People Who Will Decide the Fate of Same Sex Marriage in Rhode Island
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
At the same time, a newly-formed group of a number of prominent religious leaders called the “Faith Alliance to Preserve the Sanctity of Marriage as Established by God” is expected to meet at the State House to express their opposition to the legislation.
Political experts across the state all agree the bill should have no trouble getting through the House but that’s where the real battle begins.
And while it seems the odds of the legislation being passed are greater than ever before in Rhode Island, the fate of same sex marriage in the Ocean State will ultimately come down to 10 people who have either taken a hard stance on the issue or remain as key question marks heading into the debate.
- 10 Biggest Political Issues for 2013
- Rhode Island Gears for Gay Marriage Battle in 2013
- Marriage Equality RI Director Ray Sullivan: 13 To Watch in RI in 2013
- PowerPlayer: State Senator Donna Nesselbush
- Gay Marriage Bill Introduced in Rhode Island