SUNDAY WEATHER UPDATE: Snow Tapering in RI, Biting Winds
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Total snow accumulation
With the biting wind blowing and swirling the snow around it has been hard to measure but totals seem to be somewhere in the 2”-5” range across Rhode Island with the lower amounts near the RI/CT border. When all is said and done 4”-8” will probably be measured over Eastern Massachusetts and the Cape.
The main items for us now will be the biting wind, gusting at times to between 40 and 50 mph though tonight. Feel-like temperatures will dip below zero tonight as the mercury bottoms out in the single numbers and low teens.
Look out for next weekend!
Looking ahead to this week, after a bright but chilly Presidents Day, I see a mixed bag of snow, sleet and rain on Tuesday along with rising temperatures. It should be fair and seasonably cold after that until another storm approaches on, you guessed it, the weekend.
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard May Bring Up to 3 Feet of Snow
- GoLocal’s Readers’ Rhode Island Blizzard Photos
- AM WEATHER UPDATE: Blizzard Watch Expands—Hitting RI Friday AM
- New England Meteorologists’ Blizzard Forecasts—Who Will Be Right?
- The Blizzard of ‘13 Hits Providence
- The Ultimate Rhode Island Blizzard Survival Kit
- RI’s Best Sledding Hills
- RI’s Best Sledding Hill
- AM WEATHER UDPATE: The Blizzard of ‘13 Not Over—Prepare For More Snow