Sex Trafficking to be Focus of 7th Annual RI State Victim Assistance Academy
Wednesday, June 03, 2015
The cost of the event is $50 or $125 for attendees seeking continuing education credit. Those interested can register by click here.
One of the main focus's of the event will be working with sex trafficking victims.
“Family Service of Rhode Island is on the front lines with the police in dealing with sex trafficking in Rhode Island. Our work includes helping the victims build new lives in the wake of the abuse and trauma they endured," said Margaret Holland McDuff, CEO of Family Service of Rhode Island.
The full day sessions will be held on five consecutive Friday's starting on July 31 and ending on August 28 at Roger Williams University Baypoint Inn & Conference Center located at 144 Anthony Road in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
Along with sex trafficking, other topics will include victimization in the military, childhood victimization and other elder victims.
Family Service of Rhode Island
Family Service of Rhode Island is a statewide non profit social service and educational organization.
- Roger Williams U. Appoints Interim President
- President of Roger Williams University Resigns Suddenly
- First Lego League Championships at Roger Williams University
- NEW: HousingWorks RI Relocates to Roger Williams University, Providence Campus
- Elorza Refuses to Disclose Terms of Leave from Roger Williams University
- Roger Williams University Prov Campus Hosts Open House
- NEW: Harvard Law Professor Lessig to Give Talk at Roger Williams University
- GIMP Dance Project Appearing Tonight at Roger Williams University
- NEW: Madeleine Albright to Speak at RWU Graduation
- NEW: RWU Professor Files Lawsuit Against Faculty Assocation, NEARI
- NEW: Roger Williams Biographer Will Address RWU Commencement
- NEW: RWU Law Professor Appointed to RI Foundation Board
- NEW: Family Service of RI and RWU to Offer Training for Addressing Human Trafficking
- College Unbound at RWU Information Session
- NEW: Report Claims Former RWU President Resigned After Harassment Allegations
- Civil Rights Icon Andrew Young Headlines RWU Inaugural Week
- NEW: Two Years - Fifty Projects and an Immense Impact RWU