Roger Williams National Memorial Announces Hours of Operation
Monday, March 20, 2017
The visitor center will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week starting on April 1 and going through the end of December.
Located at 282 Main Street in Providence, Roger Williams National Memorial was established by Congress in 1965 and commemorates the life of Rhode Island’s founder.
New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park
New Bedford Whaling National Park will also be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days week beginning April 1 and going through the end of December.
Located at 33 William Street in New Bedford, the park was established by Congress in 1996 to help preserve and interpret America’s 19th-century whaling industry.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to This Spring in New England - 2017
One of the best parts about Spring and Summer is the return of Waterfire
Providence WaterFire has grown to be an iconic Rhode Island event. Starting out in 1994 to celebrate it has grown to run continuously, once a month, from May-November and boasts over 80 blazing fires in the middle of the Providence River.
Playing Golf at Harbor Lights
Tee it up at Harbor Lights Country Club and dive right into golf season.
The Spring is a great time to get warmed up and get some swings in before the heart of the season hits in the summer.
Enjoy being back out on the course. Save the super serious golf for the summer.
Lower Heating Bills
As winter will come to a close New Englanders could look forward to spending less money on heating bills.
Although the bitter cold is hitting New England hard, and also therefore hitting their wallets hard, this brutal cold streak will soon come to an end and we'll be able to turn down our thermostats save some cash.
photo credit: Images Money/Flickr
Get your rods and reels ready because with the approach of warmer weather comes the return of fishing seasons. While some New England states allow for fishing year round, many New England states have opening days for trout fishing that begin in early April. Although there is still a plentiful amount of snow on the ground, fishing season is right around the corner.
photo credit: Grand River Conservation Authority/Flickr
Bicycling on the Central Mass Rail Trail
Once the streets are clear of ice and snow and the temperatures rise, one of the most fun things to do in New England is to jump on a bike and go for a nice long ride. There are plenty of bike paths to explore at your leisure, and many cities like Providence, Boston, and Worcester are beginning to make city streets much more bike friendly.
Newport's Spring Restaurant week features more than 50 restaurants serving three-course meals at great prices.
Restaurants include The Mooring, The Black Pearl, Brix at Newport Vineyards and many more.
Newport Restaurant week begins on March 27 and goes until April 7
Walking the Newport Cliff Walk
The Cliff Walk is one of Newport’s most famous attractions is its gilded age mansions lining the coast. Entry to the mansions will cost a fee, but with the Cliff Walk, you can enjoy views of the mansions with amazing views of the water all for free.
The 3.5 mile long path runs behind the mansions on the eastern shore of Newport. It is a National Recreation Trail – the first in New England! The majority of the walk is easy, but be sure to wear good shoes; the sand can make the path slippery.
Outdoor Dining at Boat House Restaurant in Newport
Newport Restaurant Group made this a must-visit spot several years ago and now the expected accolades have followed.
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled.
Enjoy a nice glass of wine with some lobster fritters that had sweet corn and a chipotle mayo and followed that with pan-roasted George’s Bank scallops with a delightful spring pea risotto, pea greens from Allen Farm and a citrus emulsion.
Spring Vacation on Block Island
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the world and take a spring vacation to Block Island and enjoy all they have to offer.
Maybe a spa? a swim? Some shopping? there are plenty of options.
If Block Island doesn't do it for you, Newport is also a great place to take a break.
Or maybe do both.
Visiting Arcadia National Park in Maine
People have been drawn to the rugged coast of Maine throughout history. Awed by its beauty and diversity, early 20th-century visionaries donated the land that became Acadia National Park.
The park is home to many plants and animals, and the tallest mountain on the U.S. Atlantic coast.
Visit Acadia and hike granite peaks, bike historic carriage roads, or relax and enjoy the scenery.
Newport Craft Beer Festival
The 5th annual Newport Craft Beer Festival is set for Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29 at Newport Storm Brewery.
The event will bring in brewers from as far away as California and as close as Newport.
it is a 21+ celebration.
- NEW: Harvard Law Professor Lessig to Give Talk at Roger Williams University
- Ranglin Named to Roger Williams Medical Center Board
- Alex and Ani, Celtics Team Up for New Arts Studio at Roger Williams Middle School
- NEW: Roger Williams National Memorial Creates Nearly $4 Million in Economic Benefits
- Roger Williams Park Carousel Village to Host Food Truck Friday
- Roger Williams National Memorial To Hold ‘Throwback Thursday’ Event
- Elorza Refuses to Disclose Terms of Leave from Roger Williams University
- Brown, RISD, PC + Roger Williams Make New Top Colleges Ranking
- Roger Williams Med Center Names New Director of Infection Control
- Roger Williams Granted $145K For English Language Learners Program
- Riverzedge Arts To Unveil Public Arts Installation at Roger Williams National Memorial Park
- Roger Williams University Paid Elorza to Teach a Cancelled Class
- Roger Williams Park Zoo Announces Return of Harbor Seals
- Roger Williams Study: Licenses for Undocumented Immigrants Would Improve Safety
- Latest Layoffs at Fatima, Roger Williams Spark Charges By Union and CharterCare Response
- Nearly 500 Students to Compete in LEGO Robotics Tournament at Roger Williams U
- HousingWorks RI at Roger Williams Names Bourne Research & Policy Director
- Top Watchdog Alleges Elorza Received Illegal Contribution from Roger Williams University
- Roger Williams Cancer Center Recognized by the American Cancer Society
- Amazing Pumpkins of Roger Williams Park - 2016
- RI Foundation Announces $10 Million Plan to Restore Roger Williams Park
- PHOTOS: Orlando Vigil at Roger Williams National Memorial
- Projo Takes Another Hit: Fitzpatrick Leaves for Post at Roger Williams University
- Upcoming Walk at Roger Williams Park Hopes to End Stigma Associated With Mental Illness
- Roger Williams’ Speakman on Democratic Politics, Trump, and Central Falls