video: RI State Police’s Assumpico Criticizes 38 Studios Investigation
Thursday, March 09, 2017
Days after the Rhode Island State Police (RISP) released documents pertaining to the criminal investigation into 38 Studios, State Police Superintendent Ann Assumpico blasted what she found to be the significant shortcomings in the investigation conducted under then-Supertendent Steve O' Donnell.
Assumpico's statements came after the RISP called a hastily scheduled news conference Wednesday afternoon, giving press just over an hour to convene at the Rhode Island State House.
Assumpico on the Record
"I’ve tried not to comment as I wasn’t the Colonel back then," said Assumpico on Wednesday. "I have to be honest, I don’t know much more about the investigation than anyone...I've only seen what the rest of you have seen. I know you have questions, and so do I. Trying to get answers is hard, as I don’t know the scope of the investigation."
"There are questions to why we released some of the General Assembly interviews," continued Assumpico. "I learned we initially we taped and transcribed interviews — but at some point interviewers were told taping interviews was not necessary. Instead, they summarized interviews in a statement that was released. We have no further records of those interviews."
During her statement with the press, Assumpico spoke to said what were common inquiries into the investigation.
"Why certain individuals were not interviewed — Fox, Corso, Murphy — it’s my understanding there were individuals [who] delcined to be interviewed and it's their legal right to do so," said Assumpico.
Assumpico noted that while she acknowledged the shortalls mentioned, that the RISP stood by the decision that no criminal misconduct took place.
- Colonel Ann Assumpico: 17 to Watch in 2017 in RI
- GoLocalProv Sues Raimondo and State Police for Release of 38 Studios State Police Interviews
- Schilling’s Assertions About 38 Studios - GoLocal Breaks Down Claims and Reality
- UPDATED: Raimondo Administration Continues Fight To Block Release of 38 Studios Documents
- Raimondo’s 38 Studios Strategy: Bad Judgment, Bad Advice, or Just Good Ole RI Cronyism
- 1-on-1 With Mattiello on 2017: Car Tax, Marijuana, 38 Studios, and More
- Chafee Responds to 38 Studios’ Curt Schilling’s Claims
- Raimondo Calls for Further Delay of Release of 38 Studios Documents, Blocks GoLocal’s Request
- Confusion Reigns in Gov.’s Office, Raimondo Refuses to Release 38 Studios Docs
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Won’t Direct State Police on 38 Studios
- Paiva Weed Blasted for Taking Donations from 38 Studios Defendants
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Refuses to Order RI State Police to Release 38 Studios Investigation Docs
- Last Defendant in 38 Studios Settles - After Legal Fees, RI Secures $49M
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- DEVELOPING: 38 Studios State Police Documents Released, Questions Remain
- 20 Amazing Facts About 38 Studios Debacle Unveiled in RISP Documents
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Raimondo and 38 Studios and Trump Chaos
- What’s Next in 38 Studios?
- 38 Studios Civil Case Concludes, But Raimondo Continues to Block Release of Key Documents
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” Talks Trump, Senator Whitehouse Protest, and 38 Studios
- Raimondo Agrees to GoLocal’s Demands, Pledges to Release State Police Records on 38 Studios
- LIVE: Dickinson, Former Asst AG & GoLocal’s Attorney Discusses Raimondo’s 38 Studios Announcement
- Moore: 38 Studios Investigation Shows Legislators Lack Courage