RI Ranked 8th Worst State For Teachers
Monday, September 28, 2015
Rhode Island ranks 46th in job opportunity and competition and 24th in academic and work environment.
Here are some other stats on being a teacher in Rhode Island: (1=Best, 25=Avg.)
• 39th– Average Starting Salary for Teachers
• 22nd– Median Annual Salary for Teachers
• 35th– WalletHub “School Systems” Ranking
• 47th– Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
• 48th – Unemployment Rate
• 22nd – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
• 23rd – Pupil-to-Teacher Ratio
Rhode Island ranks just ahead of South Carolina and behind New Mexico.
The number one state for teachers is Massachusetts, while West Virginia is ranked as the worst state for teachers.
See where other states rank in the map below.
WalletHub compared the 50 states and the district of Columbia using 13 metrics, ranging from starting salary to the projected number of teachers per student by year 2022.
- Rhode Island Ranked 4th Least Energy-Expensive State in 2014 by WalletHub
- Rhode Island Ranked #31 for Best School System by WalletHub
- Stage Set for Battle over Binding Arbitration for Teachers
- Aaron Regunberg: Rhode Island Teachers, Stand Up!
- RI Taxpayers Urges Labor Comm to Reject Binding Arbitration for Teachers
- Aaron Regunberg: Corporate ‘Reform’ Alienating Teachers/Principals
- Lisa Blais: The Struggle To Retain Seniority For Teachers
- 1-in-5 Providence Teachers Missed At Least 20 Days of School Last Year
- Aaron Regunberg: Providence Can Learn from Chicago Teachers Strike
- NEW: Senate Passes Bill to Train AP Teachers
- NEW: Smith Will Remain Head of Providence Teachers Union
- Travis Rowley: Fire Radical Teachers
- NEW: Chariho Teachers File Unfair Labor Practice Complaint
- Former Teachers Union Head Blasts Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- Anna Kuperman: SLOs are Unfair to Teachers and Students
- NEW: Providence Teachers to Get Raises Under New Contract with City
- Providence Firefighters’ Raise Could Trigger Millions in Raises for Teachers
- Organize + Energize: Teachers - It’s time to Organize Your Classroom
- Absentee Teachers: See Which RI Districts Have the Most
- Rhode Island Has the Highest Salaries for Elementary School Teachers in US
- It’s All About Education: How Can We Ensure that Kids Have Great Teachers?
- Skywatching: Sunspot Count Project Challenge for RI Teachers
- John Perilli: Teachers Win Big in Session’s Final Days
- RIDE Releases 2nd Annual Teacher Evaluations: West Warwick Tops for Highly Effective Teachers
- Russell Moore: Enact a Statewide Teachers Contract
- The RI School Districts with the Most Absentee Teachers