RI Med. Society Asks Raimondo to Veto Perscription Drug Monitoring Legislation
Sunday, July 16, 2017
The group has already sent a letter to Raimondo asking her to veto. Many have criticized the physician community for the growth of prescriptions of opioids and the corresponding health crisis.
The press conference will take place on Monday, July 17 at 10 a.m. at 405 Promenade Street.
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
The program contains confidential patient healthcare information for all controlled substances prescriptions including painkillers, anti-seizure medications, anti-anxiety medicines, antidepressants, sleeping pills and migraine medications.
Related Slideshow: RI Doctors - Who Prescribed The Most Oxycodone?
- 35 Arrested Following Woonsocket Drug Trafficking Investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: Raimondo Named Convicted Drug Dealer, Marijuana Consultant to State Parenting Board
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fine: How Many Drugs & How Much Alcohol Do Rhode Islanders Use?
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fine: What Does Drug and Alcohol Use Cost Rhode Island?
- Streamlined Drug Pricing & Dogs in Outdoor Eating Areas: This Week at The State House
- FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 20 (The Drug Trade)
- Cranston Man to Serve 48 Months in Federal Prison on Drug Trafficking Charges
- RI Doctors Paid Over $9 Million by Drug Companies
- Central Falls Native Palmisano Sentenced for Drug Trafficking
- What Bernie Sanders’ Election Would Mean for Legalized Drugs
- Cheat Sheet 6, FBI Files Unveils Patriarca’s Ties to Port and Alleged Connection to Drugs
- The Most Dangerous Drugs
- NEW: 15 Arrested in Kennedy Plaza Drug Sweep; Providence Refuses to Address Panhandling
- Smart Benefits: Five Ways to Save on Prescription Drugs
- NEW: Hells Angels Associate Arrested in Rhode Island on Drug, Weapons Charge
- Convicted Mob Drug Dealer is East Side Mansion’s Suboxone Developer
- LIVE: Friends Way Seeing Increase in Participants With Rise in Drug Abuse