RI Favorites - Johnston Pension Investigations
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
investigative report into a sweetheart pension deal in Johnston defined the mayor’s race in the town and sparked a movement to reform public pensions across Rhode Island.
The series helped bring pension reform back to the forefront of public debate and remains one of the most-talked about GoLocalProv stories.
It also led to a whole series of other investigative articles, including a series on corruption at the state landfill, a Johnston pensioner who was collecting his retirement benefit and working for the town at the same time, and an expose on the state pension fraud investigator, who is himself on a disability pension.
- Cipriano Running for Johnston Mayor, But Declares Residency in Florida
- The Sweetest Pension Deal: A Timeline
- Landfill: State Sues Three Firms
- Woonsocket Refuses to Release Disability Pension Records
- GoLocalProv Investigation Uncovers 25 Illegal Pensions in Johnston
- AG Candidate Tied to Tainted Builder at Landfill
- New Revelations in Landfill Corruption Case
- Illegal Pensions in Johnston: See the Documents
- Former Landfill Chairman: Gone, But Not without a Trace
- Something Rotten in Landfill Deal?
- Johnston Firefighters Illegally Fundraise for Former Fire Chief
- GoLocalProv Investigation: New Scandal at State Landfill
- State Landfill Cutting Costs, Plans Expansion
- Johnston Pension Investigation: Official Demands Answers from AG
- Landfill Investigation: Cost of Employee ‘Theft’ as High as $24M
- State Landfill Sues Over Bad Land Deals
- Johnston Pension: See the Documents
- Landfill Investigation: Former AG Arlene Violet Rips Lynch for Not Pressing Charges
- State Sues Travelers Insurance for $16 Million Tied to Landfill
- Johnston Pensioner Eluded State Retirement Board
- Landfill Investigation: Legal Experts Weigh In
- Pension Fraud: Other States Crack Down
- The Sweetest Pension Deal
- Landfill Investigation: State Sues Developer Over ‘$20 Million Blunder’
- The Pension Burden: How Other RI Cities Are Dealing with It