RI DMV to Require Reservations for Service During July Computer Launch Period
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) unveiled a customer service reservation program for use during the upcoming launch of its new computer system.
The new computer system will launch on Wednesday, July 5.
GoLocalProv reported on June 9 that early signs for the rollout of the new Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicle computer system are not good. GoLocal reported that state officials were warning that there may be major problems.
"[We are urging folks to take alternative actions because] it's more about giving the customer service reps, who have to train on the system, the chance to familiarize themselves in live time. From that technical aspect, by drawing in the operations to Cranston -- which does all the transactions,” Paul Grimaldi, Public Information Officer, R.I. Department of Revenue told GoLocal.
The new system has cost more than $20 million.
The Reservation System
All customers seeking to conduct in-person transactions need to first secure a reservation for service by visiting the DMV’s website and accessing the customer reservations portal.
Visitors will then be transferred to a third-party website where they can search for available service dates, times and locations.
Reservations will state the following terms and conditions:
- This reservation grants admittance only. Once your reservation is confirmed at check-in, normal ticketing procedures will apply, and you will be served as promptly as possible.
- No check-ins will be allowed more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time. Customers arriving more than 15 minutes after their reservation time may not be admitted.
- Please have a copy of your reservation confirmation or your reservation number available at check-in. You will be required to have proof of identification.
- If you are unable to keep this reservation, please be courteous and cancel it as soon as possible by clicking here so that the reservation can be made available to another customer.
- Click here to modify the date/time of your reservation or your reservation details.
Reservation System Being Employed
The Division will employ the reservation program for service at its Cranston office from Wednesday, July 5 through Monday, July 17. The program will be in effect at its Middletown and Woonsocket offices from Thursday, July 13 through Monday, July 17.
The Division’s Cranston office will be open – by reservation only – from Wednesday, July 5 through Wednesday, July 12. The DMV’s Cranston, Middletown and Woonsocket offices will be open – by reservation only – from Thursday, July 13 through Monday, July 17. All DMV offices will return to their normal operating schedules and walk-in service beginning Tuesday, July 18.
DMV transaction service also will be unavailable at AAA offices from Saturday, July 1 through Friday, July 7. Transaction service, including for non-members, will resume at select AAA offices beginning on Saturday, July 8.
Related Slideshow: RI Sues Hewlitt Packard on DMV System
- Rob Horowitz: DMV Improvements are a Tangible Chafee Accomplishment
- NEW: Chafee Names Silva DMV Administrator
- AAA Leaves Downtown and Drops DMV Services in Providence
- Rep. Costantino Asks House Oversight Committee to Assess DMV
- Will RI DMV Rollout Be Another UHIP?
- RI Sues HP Over Failed DMV Computer System, Asks Court to Order Them to Complete Work
- NEW: Block Calls Out RI Leaders for Failed DMV Contract with HP
- Daily Vine: Morning Line at the Cranston DMV
- NEW: Block Calls Reducing RI DMV Wait Times Top Priority
- This Won’t be UHIP: Revenue Director Hull on New DMV Rollout
- NEW: Chafee Appoints New Interim Head of DMV
- NEW: Commission studying the DMV to meet Today
- NEW: ACLU Announces Settlement with DMV
- DMV Computer Disaster - RI Pays the Price
- DMV Will Be Down on Monday
- Paiva Weed Calls For DMV for Aquidneck Island
- BREAKING NEWS: DMV Director Resigns