RI DMV to Reopen Services in Woonsocket & Middletown
Thursday, July 13, 2017
“The system replacement program continues on pace to resume services on the previously announced schedule. The Division and its project partners DXC Technology continue monitoring system performance and will continue to do so as the DMV returns to full operations,” said Robert S. Hull, director of the Rhode Island Department of Revenue.
DMV Branches Reopening
The Division is returning to full operation in stages, with online transaction service resuming last week following the reopening of the Cranston headquarters.
DMV transaction service resumed Saturday, July 8 at certain AAA locations around the state, with the remainder of AAA offices expected to restart service this week.
DMV will start reservation-only service Thursday in Middletown and Woonsocket.
All DMV offices will reopen for their regular service schedules Tuesday, July 18.
Customers Reminded to Make Reservations
With the reopening of DMV offices around the state, customers are reminded to secure service reservations.
All customers seeking to conduct in-person transactions must first secure a reservation for service by visiting their website and accessing the Customer Reservations Portal.
Visitors will then be transferred to a third-party website -- hosted by Stonewall Solutions -- where they can search for available service dates, times and locations.
Reservations will state the following terms and conditions:
- This reservation grants admittance only. Once your reservation is confirmed at check-in, normal ticketing procedures will apply, and you will be served as promptly as possible.
- No check-ins will be allowed more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time. Customers arriving more than 15 minutes after their reservation time may not be admitted.
- Please have a copy of your reservation confirmation or your reservation number available at check-in. Proof of identification is required.
- If you are unable to keep this reservation, please be courteous and cancel it as soon as possible by clicking here so that the reservation can be made available to another customer.
The Division began employing the reservation program Wednesday, July 5. The program will go into effect at its Middletown and Woonsocket offices from Thursday, July 13 through Monday, July 17.
RI Sues Hewlitt Packard on DMV System
- Daily Vine: Morning Line at the Cranston DMV
- Will RI DMV Rollout Be Another UHIP?
- This Won’t be UHIP: Revenue Director Hull on New DMV Rollout
- RI DMV to Require Reservations for Service During July Computer Launch Period
- Rep. Costantino Asks House Oversight Committee to Assess DMV
- AAA Leaves Downtown and Drops DMV Services in Providence
- NEW: Block Calls Reducing RI DMV Wait Times Top Priority
- NEW: Block Calls Out RI Leaders for Failed DMV Contract with HP
- RI Sues HP Over Failed DMV Computer System, Asks Court to Order Them to Complete Work
- RI DMV Extends license, Credential Expiration Dates Due to New Computer System Launch
- NEW: Chafee Appoints New Interim Head of DMV
- NEW: Commission studying the DMV to meet Today
- NEW: ACLU Announces Settlement with DMV
- Rob Horowitz: DMV Improvements are a Tangible Chafee Accomplishment
- DMV Computer Disaster - RI Pays the Price
- DMV Will Be Down on Monday
- Paiva Weed Calls For DMV for Aquidneck Island
- BREAKING NEWS: DMV Director Resigns
- NEW: Chafee Names Silva DMV Administrator