RI Dept. of Health Approves First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Friday, April 05, 2013
The Thomas C. Slater Compassion Center on Corliss Street in Providence is slated to open on April 19th. Under state law, three compassion centers will be allowed to sell medical marijuana in the state.
Greenleaf Compassionate Care Center in Portsmouth is expected to open in coming weeks. The Summit Medical Compassion Center in Warwick has not applied for a license to date.
For more information about the program, go the the Department of Health's webpage.
- ACLU Defends Longtime Medical Marijuana Users Against State
- BREAKING: Chafee Gives Thumbs Down On Medical Marijuana
- Medical Marijuana User Directs Documentary ‘License To Grow’
- Medical Marijuana Vote Set for Today
- Marijuana Less Damaging to Lungs Than Tobacco