Rhode Island’s Woman of the Year
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
She has gone beyond living the American Dream; the girl from Central Falls has become a symbol for philanthropy and positive change.
Time's 100 Most Influencial
In 2012, Time Magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world and fashion magazine Glamour tagged her as the actress of the year, but GoLocalProv celebrates Davis for her incredible and consistent effort to bring hope and revitalize her community of Central Falls and to support education.
When Central Falls seemed to be at its lowest ebb, Davis stepped forward with donations, appearances and helped to bring the involvement and donations of other high profile Hollywood stars such as Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin.
Commitment to Community
The two-time Tony Award winner and Oscar nominee seems to have married the concepts of “paying it forward” and “never forget where you came from” and created a masterful concoction of generosity: a model for us all.
For these reasons, Viola Davis is GoLocalProv’s selection as Rhode Island's Woman of the Year.
- NEW: Viola Davis Named One of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People
- NEW: Viola Davis Brings Another $20K to Segue Institute
- NEW: Viola Davis Coming to Providence For Education Fundraiser
- NEW: Viola Davis To Give Providence College Commencement Address
- NEW: Viola Davis to Receive Pell Award From Trinity Rep
- Oscar Preview: Viola Davis
- Providence’s Oscar Night America to Honor Nominee Viola Davis
- Viola Davis: 12 Who Made a Difference in RI in 2012
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.