video: Restaurant Owner Calls Providence Licensing “Medieval”
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
The owner of Providence restaurant "Flan" finds his establishment shuttered by the city - and he isn't happy about it. GoLocalProv's Kate Nagle has more.
Related Slideshow: Where to Dine Out in Providence’s Restaurant Neighborhoods
Find the Best ranked Providence neighborhoods according to number of restaurants per capita. The top restaurant neighborhoods included Downtown, Federal Hill, Wayland Square and more - all of which have an abundance of hip, tasty places to dine. Here are some of GoLocalProv's picks for where to dine out in Providence's restaurant neighborhoods.
Café Nuovo, Downtown
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents Downtown: 216
Café Nuovo is located on Providence’s famed Riverwalk with outside seating in the Citizen’s Bank building. Serving a fusion of American, European, Asian, and Island cuisines, Café Nuovo has gained attention for its fine dining, excellent setting and atmosphere, as well as generous proportions.
1 Citizens Plaza
Enoteca Umberto, Federal Hill
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents on Federal Hill: 109
Although there are numerous fine dining Italian restaurants on Federal Hill, Enoteca Umberto sticks out from the crowd with its unique and intimate atmosphere due to owner Umberto who has a vast knowledge and passion for Sicilian food and wine. The chef, Umberto’s fianceé Lea, cooks up original Sicilian meals in the kitchen. While the menu is not large, the restaurant is known for its daily specials.
256 Atwells Ave
Al Forno, Fox Point
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in Fox Point: 74
Al Forno restaurant is Rhode Island famous. This high end fine Italian restaurant is known for their great appetizers, pizzas, drinks and comfortable ambience. Al Forno is consistently considered a must visit for Rhode Islanders.
577 South Main St
L’Artisan Café & Bakery, Wayland Square
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in Wayland Square: 74
This Café and Bakery is known for its great ambience, pleasant staff, coffee, and great panini sandwiches. With seating indoors and outdoors it has become a hot spot for breakfast and lunches.
9 Wayland Square
Ladder 133, Smith Hill
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in Smith Hill: 57
Whether you enjoy indulging in their full menu of comfort foods with family and friends, cheering on your favorite sports team on one of their hi-def tv's, viewing the local or world news, or checking out live entertainment there is something here for everyone.
133 Douglas Ave
East Side Pockets, College Hill
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in College Hill: 53
This on the go restaurant has gained much acclaim for its delicious falafels. With reasonable prices, and a Middle Eastern vibe, East Side Pockets, is a thriving restaurant on Thayer Street in College Hill.
278 Thayer Street
Chez Pascal, Hope
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in Hope: 42
Chez Pascal is a restaurant that continually adapts its menu according to the local farm fresh produce in the Providence area. A French restaurant with a New England fusion, this intimate and friendly staffed restaurant supplies a great menu, with an even better wine list.
960 Hope St
Carolina Market Restaurant, South Providence
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in South Providence: 37
Carolina Market Restaurant is known for its great Latin American food. A Dominican restaurant with a large variety of options allows customers to dine at an extremely affordable price.
864 Broad Street
Thai Star Restaurant, Valley
Number of restaurants per 10,000 residents in South Providence: 30
If you are craving Thai food, Thai Star Restaurant is known to have some of the best authentic Thai food in the area. Thai Star Restaurant offers a variety of options on its menu. This coupled with big portions, a friendly staff, and BYOB environment gives this restaurant a unique atmosphere.
1088 Chalkstone Ave
- Rhode Island’s Best Restaurants For Mother’s Day
- Rhode Island Restaurants’ Best New Dishes For Spring
- 5 Great Rhode Island Restaurants For Father’s Day
- LISTEN- Which Providence Restaurants Have the Most Health Violations
- 5 Newport Restaurants Off The Beaten Path
- City of Providence Covers Up Permit File for Solomon Restaurant
- LISTEN: City of Providence Covers Up Permit File for Solomon Restaurant
- Central Falls Restaurant Week Starts Today
- NEW: Jennings’ Sell Farmstead, To Open Boston Restaurant
- 5 Great Spots for Newport Restaurant Week
- Gregg’s Restaurant Wins Outstanding Philanthropic Business Award
- Discover New Favorites During Restaurant Week
- 5 Hidden Restaurant Gems in Providence
- Del’s Lemonade Tops List for ‘Most Significant’ Chain Restaurant in Rhode Island
- Newport Vineyards Opens Brix Restaurant
- Where to Dine at Newport Restaurant Week
- Restaurant Owner Calls Providence Licensing “Medieval”
- Best Restaurants For Newport Restaurant Week
- NEW: Providence Restaurants That Are OPEN During the Blizzard
- Best RI Restaurants For Christmas Dinner
- Rhode Island’s Best Restaurants of 2012
- NEW: Three RI Restaurants Make “Most Romantic” Dining List
- Rhode Island’s Most Romantic Restaurants
- 25 Providence Restaurants with Highest Number of Health Violations
- RI Restaurants Roll Out Red Sox Nation Specials For World Series
- 14 RI Restaurants Selected For AAA’s 2015 Five and Four Diamond Awards
- 25 Providence Restaurants with the Highest Number of Health Violations
- Leather Storrs: Why Restaurants Should Get Rid of Tipping
- Two Newport Restaurants Make Top 100 “Most Romantic” List in U.S.
- 20 Great Rhode Island Restaurants for Valentine’s Day
- See the Providence Restaurants with the Highest Health Violations
- Providence’s Best Ethnic Restaurants
- Chow Fun Restaurants Offer Valentine’s Specials
- Rhode Island’s Most Romantic Restaurants
- 5 Must-Try New Restaurants
- Birch Nominated for Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants in America for 2014
- Providence Neighborhoods with the Most Restaurants